From Uzebox Wiki
How To Play
- The object of Minesweeper is to locate all the mines as quickly as possible without uncovering any of them. If you uncover a mine, you lose the game.
- You can uncover a square by clicking it.
- If a number appears on a square, it indicates how many mines are in the eight squares that surround the numbered one.
- To mark a square you suspect contains a mine, right-click it.
- The game area consists of the playing field, a mine counter, and a timer.
Strategies and Tips
- If you are uncertain about a square, right-click it twice to mark it with a question mark (?). Later, you can either mark the square as a mine or remove the markings by right-clicking the square again once or twice.
- Look for common patterns in numbers, which often indicate a corresponding pattern of mines. For example, the pattern 2-3-2 at the edge of a group of uncovered squares indicates a row of three mines next to the three numbers.
- The menu system has been designed to be easy and fast to navigate using either the joypad or mouse. A left click is button A on a pad and the left button on a mouse. Button B or right mouse button is for right click.
- At the title screen left click the face to begin playing.
- While playing, simply click the face at any time to access the in game menu. Some menu items have and asterisk or number next to them which can be changed by clicking.
- The high score name entry menu allows the player to enter their name up to 8 characters. Simply left or right click a letter to change it. Click ok when you are done.
- The custom menu is used similarly to the name entry. Left or right clicks will inc/decrease the value of the item the pointer is on.
- When you have lost a game simply click the face to immediately start another one.