Uzebox 3D printed enclosure!

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
D3thAdd3r

Re: Uzebox 3D printed enclosure!

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Hard to believe you can get something that smooth made up; that logo adds to the case in a big way. Crazy how advanced a hobbyist console has become, hell we probably have more development done on this console than the 32x or Apple Pippin at this point. And I'm sure many more $millions$ were put at those. Great stuff Alec :ugeek:
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

D3thAdd3r wrote:Hard to believe you can get something that smooth made up; that logo adds to the case in a big way. Crazy how advanced a hobbyist console has become, hell we probably have more development done on this console than the 32x or Apple Pippin at this point. And I'm sure many more $millions$ were put at those. Great stuff Alec :ugeek:
Yeah can agree more! It's crazy! :)

Btw, printing is going well, almost done. Everything should ship beginning of next week.

In the mean time here's the assembly manual. Ok, it's probably overkill, but I kinda like making those. :geek: :)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DEX ... sp=sharing
Gosma

Post by Gosma »

Don't know if it's the same for you all, but for me, following a development of a game console is simply EPIC :D
jhhoward

Post by jhhoward »

Wow that is so awesome! *drools*
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

The assembly line is running full steam ahead! :)
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Fun fact: It takes roughly 18 hours to print all parts and get them ready on my printer. Matching the volume the NES had at 62 million units sold, it would take me 127000 years to print! :lol:
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Finally it's real, the enclosures are ready to ship! They will be mailed to you guys Dec 5th. Be sure to let me know when you receive it, your appreciation and any improvement you see.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

uze6666 wrote:Matching the volume the NES had at 62 million units sold, it would take me 127000 years to print!
:shock:
uze6666 wrote:They will be mailed to you guys Dec 5th
I've been dreaming of this moment :D
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

Two days ago I received my Uzebox enclosure. It looks very nice! That shipping was very quick.

I had some trouble with the buttons. They were much too long so I cut them. I used some hot-melt glue to replace the bottom so that it was flat again (and for a little grip.) You really need to screw shut the enclosure before they will sit right.

I'm quite happy about all this. It looks great and still has an accessible ISCP port!

Thanks Uze!
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

nicksen782 wrote:Two days ago I received my Uzebox enclosure. It looks very nice! That shipping was very quick.

I had some trouble with the buttons. They were much too long so I cut them. I used some hot-melt glue to replace the bottom so that it was flat again (and for a little grip.) You really need to screw shut the enclosure before they will sit right.

I'm quite happy about all this. It looks great and still has an accessible ISCP port!

Thanks Uze!
That was fast! Glad you like it. Tolerances are tricky in 3d printing and the buttons gave me headaches. Always a tad too long or too short. But your trick did the job! :D

Edit: Post a pic! 8-)