Emulator - get latest release here.

The Uzebox now have a fully functional emulator! Download and discuss it here.
hpglow

Re: Emulator - get latest release here.

Post by hpglow »

I'm going to recompile tomorrow. I just discovered that visual studio isn't installed on my PC.

It's odd that a binary that worked a month agao stopped working. But my betts are on MS screwing something up.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Could be related to something broken with SDL...
hpglow

Post by hpglow »

I can't figure it out. I built a 32-bit and 64-bit executable and both are doing the same thing. I'm sure its something dumb that I'm just missing. May-be my video drivers are bad or something.
hpglow

Post by hpglow »

I just downloaded v 1.17 r272 and it seems to be working. I still can't get the older versions and the one included in the trunk to work. Or any of the binaries I compile myself 32 or 64 bit. But this is good enough for me. I wanted to try and do some coding last week but it was impossible without the emulator as I never actually finished assembling my uzebox (yes I'm ashamed.)
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Good! :)
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

hpglow wrote:as I never actually finished assembling my uzebox
If you are stuck but have all the parts I'll trade you a finished red one. PM me if interested.
hpglow

Post by hpglow »

D3thAdd3r wrote:
hpglow wrote:as I never actually finished assembling my uzebox
If you are stuck but have all the parts I'll trade you a finished red one. PM me if interested.
I do have all the parts, but chances of being able to dig them all up are slim my study is a huge mess most of the time. Plus I was just using a prototyping board to wire it up I don't have a uzebox PCB. I should dig it out just because I wanted to try playing with some SPI ram I have laying around. One 64 KB chip and one 128 KB chip.
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

I know that you can map the buttons of a connected gamepad by pressing 7 in the game. However, it seems to need to be done with every run of the emulator.

Can the gamepad mappings be saved? If so, how?
Last edited by nicksen782 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

nicksen782 wrote:I know that you can map the buttons of a connected gamepad by pressing F7 in the game. However, it seems to need to be done with every run of the emulator.

Can the gamepad mappings be saved? If so, how?
There's code to load and save the mapping file in avr8.cpp. There could be a bug, you can trace the code by debugging uzem.exe in Eclipse CDT (if you're enclined to of course ;) )...
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

Ah! So, I looked through the code and found how the joystick-settings file is called. I copied it into the 'default' directory and my gamepad started to work.

Everything seems to be okay now. I'm not sure why this didn't work before. I had the file in the bin directory but it wasn't in the default directory. It doesn't work unless it is in the default directory.

Problem fixed. Cool.

I read that you did some work on getting SD cards emulated with Uzem. Is there a compiled binary for it? I found the source code in the SVN but when I ran make it wouldn't compile. I didn't have a C:\SDL directory so I created one and put the sdl.dll file in there and it still didn't work. I imagine that I probably would need the sdl source as well?

I'd like to get the latest uzem with the SD changes. With an SD card I could store all the maps for the Zelda 1 game that I am recreating.