SWOS++

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
danboid

SWOS++

Post by danboid »

It wasn't very long ago I floated the idea of a Speedball 2 port which got shot down, its graphics being too expensive for the Uzebox. There is one other sports game on the Amiga that still enjoys a large cult following and that is Sensible Soccer and its sequels. Sensi's tiny sprites woud seem to make it an ideal candidate for a Uzebox port.

https://github.com/zlatkok/swospp

It would make a great Uzenet game.
D3thAdd3r

Re: SWOS++

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Thats a sweet game I never investigated. Looks like a perfect candidate for M74. I'd say it's totally possible, though the zoom would not be that wide the way I imagine it done.

Would be a serious project obviously requiring, maybe hundreds of hours? I'd assist anyone if someone took the lead on this. I agree this would make a good Uzenet game. M74 could handle the colors and sprites, we could do the PCM there easily. The resolution would be lower, but I don't think this would be an issue with an intelligent camera that always keeps ahead of the ball's trajectory.
danboid

Re: SWOS++

Post by danboid »

TBH its not a game that I like enough to consider trying to port myself but I like to use this games subforum to post ideas for potential ports and remakes that I think could be done when I think of it and this one seemed to tick a few boxes. One day someone will implement one of them and then it becomes worthwhile. I try not to post any totally unrealistic suggestions else that would be spam.