Uzebox repository compiled with gcc 10.2.0 and avr-gcc 10.2.0

Topics on software tools like TileStudio, comments on documentation and tutorials (or the lack of) should go here.
Artcfox

Uzebox repository compiled with gcc 10.2.0 and avr-gcc 10.2.0

Post by Artcfox »

zigfreid made me curious, so I downloaded an ISO for Manjaro Linux GNOME 20.0.3 from: https://www.manjaro.org/

Then I created a VM using the command line version of qemu-kvm:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install qemu-kvm
dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/kvm.img bs=1024 count=0 seek=$[10*1024*1024]
kvm -hda /tmp/kvm.img -cdrom manjaro-gnome-20.0.3-200606-linux56.iso -m4096 -smp 2 -soundhw all -usb -vga vmware
(The dd command creates a 10GB file, which is not necessary unless you plan on installing Manjaro, so feel free to make it smaller, or skip it all together, and remove the "-hda /tmp/kvm.img" part of the kvm command line)

When the bootscreen for Manjaro displayed, I had to choose the non-free drivers for it to work properly with the vmware vga emulation.

Then I installed the prerequisite dependencies for compiling Uzebox games, and built the source:

Code: Select all

sudo pacman -S avr-gcc avr-libc gcc git make sdl2
git clone https://github.com/uzebox/uzebox
cd uzebox
make
I captured all of the compiler output in the attached uzebox-compiled-with-avr-gcc-10.2.0.zip file, and all of the compiled roms in the attached roms.zip.

Both the gcc and the avr-gcc that gets installed by the default package manager are versions 10.2.0, which is pretty wild!

There are still some warnings that we can fix in the output, but I really wanted to play around with avr-gcc 10.2.0, just to see how it is.

Circuit Puzzle got slightly larger when I compiled it with 10.2.0, but Laser Puzzle II shrunk by 1024 Bytes!
Attachments
roms.zip
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 510 times
uzebox-compiled-with-avr-gcc-10.2.0.zip
(16.24 KiB) Downloaded 518 times