T2K on youtube

Topics on software tools like TileStudio, comments on documentation and tutorials (or the lack of) should go here.
CunningFellow

T2K on youtube

Post by CunningFellow »

Hi guys,

I am working on a video explaining how T2K was pulled off.

I am only about 1/4 of the way through it so far, but I would not mind some feedback on how it is going.

So far I have been given feedback on the audio quality and how to fix that.

I am asking you guys mostly about feedback on the style and content. If it is really terrible I don't want to continue on with the last 3/4 and would go back and fix it up from the start.

The actual detail of the hairy technical parts is going to be fairly dumbed down. Even competent AVR ASM programmers give me strange looks if I go off the deep end. I do want the video to appeal to a wide audience and be more infotainment rather than hard slog. (looking for youtube subscribers and patreon supports so I can keep doing more videos)

Anyways - here is the current first 1/4 of the video if anyone has anything to say about it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G3IP9V ... sp=sharing

I am trying to add a couple of minutes a day to the video, which means I could maybe publish it in a fortnight.
ry755

Re: T2K on youtube

Post by ry755 »

I love this so far!! Especially with the humor and stuff, it makes it fun to watch hehe. I'd say definitely keep going!
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Looking great, I also enjoy the style and humor here.
danboid

Post by danboid »

This is looking good so far. What you saying about unicorns tho huh?

Whilst T2K is technically more impressive, I actually prefer VectorGame so it would be great if you could fix it so that it builds under Linux (as well as Windows, ideally). Thankfully I was able to build T2K under Linux last time I tried.

If people can build a Uzebox game then they can use that as a starting point for making their own game and it becomes a valuable educational resource as well as a good game. One of the main reasons I became interested in the platform is that most of the games are open source. VectorGame is naturally going to be an easier example vector game than T2K so its probably better suited as an example for those finding their feet, if it would build.

It'd be good to see both games get a github or gitlab repo.
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

Thanks Guys,

I'll keep slogging on. Sadly my skills are as an ASM programmer not a video producer so it is pretty hard going for me and taking a long time.

Also the 2nd half where I am actually going into the crazy details of the video mode is pretty hard to make light and entertaining. I keep going back and forth and changing it trying to make it still able to retain non-asm-nerd audience.

Future 8-bit-retro videos I have pre planned are about the RLE video mode, a few on finishing the handheld and one on the ancillary bits of the T2K video stuff.

If the subscriber friendly videos I have planned go well I could totally do some more boring videos like a complete walk through of remaking Asteroids.

WRT to the unicorn golden gaytimes. I am trying to say both that I am Australian and I have a bad sense of humour. Whilst trying to be as internet-pop-culture as I can be. The internet in general thinks it is hilarious that Aussies love a Golden Gaytime. I'll probably have some Vegemite or Tim-Tams in my next video.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

It is definitely a specific audience who enjoys this kind of content. For me the assembly stuff will be the most interesting. However exotic Australian treats could appeal to a broader range.
CunningFellow wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:14 pm The internet in general thinks it is hilarious that Aussies love a Golden Gaytime.
I had not heard of this stereotype, but to be fair those actually look delicious. Tim Tams..also look great. I looked up this Vegemite stuff... :? yeah, that sounds like something that happens on the other side of the equator :lol:
danboid

Post by danboid »

I'm most grateful for the introduction to Golden Gaytimes. I shall never mention Fosters, shrimp, Sheila, Bruce, Vegemite, barbies, "call that a knife?" and whatever other second rate Aussie stereotypes there were now that I can go straight for the GGs!
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

I really hope this goes viral so you can continue to make more content like it.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Wow, very nice and entertaining. You have your style so I say keep it up like that. I'm also working on a video for my yet to publish project and I can say it harder to do "talking " videos than I though. And perhaps worst since I didn't produce any video in over 10 years.

Perhaps nitpicking but my only comment is that sound from 1:30 gets noticeably noisier. May need to be rerecorded or at least passed to a noise removal filter?
danboid

Post by danboid »

Are you still working on this CF?