inc2png - encoding include graphics data to an image file

This forum is for artists to post their music and graphics or discuss artistic matters that could be used in Uzebox games.
Artcfox

Re: inc2png - encoding include graphics data to an image file

Post by Artcfox »

Cool, we should probably add dconvert there as well (the post above you) I looked at it, and saw the wiki page, but thought it was just for PCM, so I passed it over. It is meant for any C array apparently, and I think I can use it in my workflow for levels on the SD card/generating graphics.
danboid

Post by danboid »

I don't think there is any need to add links to dconvert and mconvert in that tools list because both of those are in the standard Uzebox repo, unlike inc2png. Maybe inc2png should get integrated into the standard Uzebox tools? I bet its not very big.
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

danboid wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:50 am I don't think there is any need to add links to dconvert and mconvert in that tools list because both of those are in the standard Uzebox repo, unlike inc2png. Maybe inc2png should get integrated into the standard Uzebox tools? I bet its not very big.
I meant more for the discoverability factor. I didn't know dconvert existed. Though when I tried to use it last night, it was not able to parse the output of gconvert. For some reason gconvert puts the commas in weird spots, and mixes decimal output with hex output, and doesn't zero-pad the hex output, making parsing difficult.

I think the proper way to parse data out of C arrays might just be to bite the bullet and use a lexer and parser, though I have had good luck by (ab)using a chain of sed invocations to get the output in "postscript form" and then sending the result to the uzebox/bin/bin2hex program with the reverse flag set.