Bubble Bobble (W.I.P.)

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
Artcfox

Re: Bubble Bobble (W.I.P.)

Post by Artcfox »

danboid wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:36 am OK, so maybe its my TV?

I've ordered a s-video to HDMI adapter so I'll let you know when that arrives if I can get bubble bobble to work using that instead.
It could be your SD card or maybe the power adapter for the Uzebox isn't providing enough current. Is your SD card fragmented? Do other SD-card based games work on your Uzebox? Did you download the correct .zip file, since you said it didn't work on your emulator either? I attached the .zip file that I downloaded and extracted locally, and then copied all of the files that got extracted to my SD card.
Attachments
Choose a game(1).zip
(23.14 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
danboid

Post by danboid »

Thanks Artcfox!

The uze file in the zip that you attached to your last post does run under both cuzebox and on my Uzebox, but I don't know where you got it because when I download the zip for BB from Nicks site, I get a different set of files in the zip. If I download any of the zips from Nicks site I get a uze file and a file called BUBODATA.BIN whereas the zip you posted contains 3x smaller .bin files. Also, the version on Nicks site has music whereas the version you posted does not.

Seems its not really worth concerning ourselves with BB yet as it seems you can't fire bubbles yet. It'd be great to see this reach a playable state.
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

danboid wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:04 am Thanks Artcfox!

The uze file in the zip that you attached to your last post does run under both cuzebox and on my Uzebox, but I don't know where you got it because when I download the zip for BB from Nicks site, I get a different set of files in the zip. If I download any of the zips from Nicks site I get a uze file and a file called BUBODATA.BIN whereas the zip you posted contains 3x smaller .bin files. Also, the version on Nicks site has music whereas the version you posted does not.

Seems its not really worth concerning ourselves with BB yet as it seems you can't fire bubbles yet. It'd be great to see this reach a playable state.
I downloaded it from his site.
bubble.png
bubble.png (70.44 KiB) Viewed 474 times
download.png
download.png (60.45 KiB) Viewed 474 times
danboid

Post by danboid »

Yes, thats how I downloaded the zip file. Strange!
danboid

Post by danboid »

The Atari 7800 is prob the Atari console whose spec most closely matches the Uzebox and the 7800 now has a new port of Bubble Bobble. Unfortuately it doesn't look like they've released the source too although I'd expect thats 6502 asm so probably not much use for a Uzebox port:

https://www.indieretronews.com/2024/02/ ... .html#more
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

That's a nice looking port for sure.