Error compiling code

What is a Uzebox? How can I get one? Check here!
zigfreid

Re: Error compiling code

Post by zigfreid »

Artcfox wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:44 am I'm pretty sure you need to remove this line from the game code: https://github.com/Uzebox/uzebox/blob/m ... res.h#L159
Indeed! I confirm it.

I will check the compiled files later, and report here.
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Artcfox wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:44 amI'm pretty sure you need to remove this line from the game code: https://github.com/Uzebox/uzebox/blob/m ... res.h#L159
:shock: Jesus... How in the holy Heavens does this thing even compile on older compilers...
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Jubatian wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:49 pm
Artcfox wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:44 amI'm pretty sure you need to remove this line from the game code: https://github.com/Uzebox/uzebox/blob/m ... res.h#L159
:shock: Jesus... How in the holy Heavens does this thing even compile on older compilers...
That is what I said too! :lol:
My guess would be the linkers in the old toolchains aren't as strict when linking ASM and C objects together.
zigfreid

Post by zigfreid »

Removed.
Last edited by zigfreid on Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zigfreid

Post by zigfreid »

zigfreid wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:53 pm
Indeed! I confirm it.

I dicovered, that i do not have suitable joystick. So I can see the menu, but i'm not able to navigate menu and check the game.

Actually I built a "Uzebox" device, but i forgot about joystick :lol: . So i'm going to place order for it on Ali, that's will take a weeks. So i'm sorry, if i cannot check the applications now.
[/quote]
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Indeed! I confirm it.

I dicovered, that i do not have suitable joystick. So I can see the menu, but i'm not able to navigate menu and check the game.

Actually I built a "Uzebox" device, but i forgot about joystick :lol: . So i'm going to place order for it on Ali, that's will take a weeks. So i'm sorry, if i cannot check the applications now.
You can run them in the emulator:

Code: Select all

git clone http://github.com/jubatian/cuzebox
cd cuzebox
make
./cuzebox /path/to/gamefile.uze
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

zigfreid wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:53 pmActually I built a "Uzebox" device, but i forgot about joystick :lol: . So i'm going to place order for it on Ali, that's will take a weeks. So i'm sorry, if i cannot check the applications now.
Didn't it ever occur to you during the process that those SNES connectors were there for some reason? :lol:

Anyway, committed the changes to master in the morning, hope that the project finally builds on gcc 10.1.0 proper!
zigfreid

Post by zigfreid »

Jubatian wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:32 pm Anyway, committed the changes to master in the morning, hope that the project finally builds on gcc 10.1.0 proper!
I checked my compiled games in emulator, as suggested above and found them working.

About SNES connectors, i have no idea about them, until i first started my "Uzebox". :lol:
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Success? Does it build now on your machine if checked out fresh from the repo? (Really hoping so!)
zigfreid

Post by zigfreid »

I have no success in compiling new code.
===================================
Building demo: demos/Whack-a-Mole/default
===================================
make -C demos/Whack-a-Mole/default UZEBIN_DIR=/home/vitaly/uzebox-master/bin/
avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega644 -Wl,-Map=Whack-a-Mole.map -Wl,-gc-sections uzeboxVideoEngineCore.o gui.o uzeboxCore.o uzeboxSoundEngine.o uzeboxSoundEngineCore.o uzeboxVideoEngine.o Whack-a-Mole.o -o Whack-a-Mole.elf
/usr/bin/avr-ld: Whack-a-Mole.o:/home/vitaly/uzebox-master/demos/Whack-a-Mole/default/../Whack-a-Mole.c:121: multiple definition of `actionButton'; uzeboxCore.o:/home/vitaly/uzebox-master/demos/Whack-a-Mole/default/../../../kernel/uzeboxCore.c:389: first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [Makefile:85: Whack-a-Mole.elf] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:138: demos/Whack-a-Mole/default] Error 2