What does Final Fantasy X-2, Killer 7, Batman, and Teen Tita

Share unrelated electronics stuff, ideas, rants, etc!
jamesabytr

What does Final Fantasy X-2, Killer 7, Batman, and Teen Tita

Post by jamesabytr »

So a typical day of me doing gaming research caused me to run into something I had not realized.

For my most recent FFX-2 video, I mentioned I really don't like the voice acting though this has in fairness, been true for most of the FF series. It is not really because the actors themselves and usually bad (In fact, most times they play there parts perfectly) It is because the characters they portray are just badly written.

Now because of some serious problems with my editor, I watched several of the same video clips over and over again which got me to thinking, I know one of these voices, (You own as many video games as me and some voices you pick up on no matter how different it sounds) in this case, I realized I recognized Rikku's voice from another game so I called up her credits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_StrongGop

Holy Mother of god! Just how many voices has she done....at the same time!?!?!? based on this she would be recording for multiple games, movies, and TV shows all in the same year!

In case you don't look right away, her name is Tara Strong and she is one of (if not the) most active voice over actresses in both the gaming and TV world.

For This Year Alone! She is recording for the following games.

Cartoon Network; Punch Time Explosion- Bubbles, Buttercup, Chowder and Dexter
Shadows of the Damned- Justine
Batman Arkham City- Harley Quinn

Those however are only this years new projects. In TV and Movie, she is currently working on I believe 9 different projects. If you have watched any cartoons, played any video games or watched any Hayao Miyazaki films in the last 20 years, chances are you have heard her voice.

So a quick tribute to a very talented lady.......will not stop me from hating Rikku's character though