Has anyone seen Classicvania before?

Share unrelated electronics stuff, ideas, rants, etc!
Flecko

Has anyone seen Classicvania before?

Post by Flecko »

I happened to just stumble across this over the weekend, and was really inspired by it. Its sort of a remake of the original Castlevania, with some blends of others in the series thrown in, but done in amazing Lo-Fi glory. Couldn't help but wish the guy had made more than one level of this.

http://www.pixelprospector.com/indev/20 ... issonance/

Would look awesome on the Uzebox, no? :D
Anyone have any freetime to give it a whack?
Me either...keep 'boxin.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Has anyone seen Classicvania before?

Post by uze6666 »

Nice! Didn't saw this one, but the Castlevania series are my favorites console games ever. Thinking about it, a unique version for the Uzebox would be awesome. Considering the work involved that could be a community joint effort...anyone? For sure I'd be all for working on the music! :mrgreen:

-Uze
nebososo

Post by nebososo »

That's pretty cool, graphics look awesome. It tried running it with wine, but it wouldn't work :cry: .

If you guys want to make Castlevania, I'd help with programming, tiles and sprites, I've been practicing (AKA: doing all my tiles myself instead of asking my friends) and I think I'm starting to get good at it :lol: . Spent the whole day yesterday drawing all the tiles for my next game.
Flecko

Post by Flecko »

A group project might be just what the doctor ordered. My game is still being worked on, but the pace has certainly slowed since I started it, due to the summer months, and my home improvement projects taking up my free time.

If we could divvy up the work by task, or maybe break it down some, that would be great. And uze doing the music is just fine by me...as thats the one part of my game I haven't touched yet. Has anyone made a side-scrolling engine that would fit the bill for a Castlevania type game? I know BC Dash is somewhat specifically tailored for its task...but re-use is always a good thing.

I'm done for any coding or graphics that need to be done. Might be fun to write up a 'treatment' or at least an idea for the game. Maybe have it set in an 'alternate' Castlevania universe with some new characters and a new curse. Right?

Let the ideas flow...

EDIT: I'm gonna jot some things down tomorrow in my free time if I can.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Let the ideas flow...

EDIT: I'm gonna jot some things down tomorrow in my free time if I can.
I have created an official thread and wiki page for this. Let's continue the discussion there, it will be very interesting!

-Uze