Pokitto

Share unrelated electronics stuff, ideas, rants, etc!
Harty123

Pokitto

Post by Harty123 »

Hi,

I've found this funny project today:

https://www.pokitto.com/

With an Uzebox emulator it could be a great handheld for Uzebox games..

Cheers

Harty
Jubatian

Re: Pokitto

Post by Jubatian »

Huh, that's a nice little handheld! I will keep the project in mind, maybe I will order one by KickStarter (eh, always hoping the atrocious postal service here wouldn't eat stuff up). I like the varied goals, that it seems like an useful platform for starting embedded programming as well, could be used for things beyond games through its head connector (not unlike the original GameBoys which were also used in this manner by the cartridge slot).

It won't do for Uzebox, though, that embedded ARM processor isn't juicy enough to run an emulator (CUzeBox needs about 600-700MHz), it would rather work well for ports than emulation. The LCD is too low resolution for directly porting graphics intended for television (it isn't too low for the handheld, just that you wouldn't get 1:1 ports onto it of the typical ~200 scanlines tall game screens).

Maybe it would be fun to play around with an ARM at last... (although I still have the BitBox here, sitting on my desk, waiting, eh, too much things I am doing, no time for more).