Floppies playing music!

Share unrelated electronics stuff, ideas, rants, etc!
Jubatian

Floppies playing music!

Post by Jubatian »

Just something wild. Legend of Zelda with quite unusual instrumentation (I think I see a few Arduinos there, so even somewhat on-topic :) )!

But there are also other similar insanities. Another iconic theme on a different orchestra:

And... It can be done with even less, a surprisingly nice rendition of The Phantom of the Opera:

Of course there is much more to these, I found it quite entertaining how all these could be turned into musical instruments, something possibly a few of us wandered about back then when these things click-clacked in our PCs.
Artcfox

Re: Floppies playing music!

Post by Artcfox »

Crazy! I like the Phantom of the Opera one the best. :-)
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Awesome! I saw a couple of floppy "synths" before, but that top one with the flatbed things takes the cake! :ugeek:
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

uze6666 wrote:Awesome! I saw a couple of floppy "synths" before, but that top one with the flatbed things takes the cake! :ugeek:
Yes, that's quite epic! It took a while for me to realie those "flatbed things" were scanners before they were mercilessly disemboweled for the greater good :D

That Phantom of the Opera piece I liked since it does its job surprisingly well with only four floppy drives!

(By the way, a bit off, maybe you also got this suggested by Youtube: Wintergatan Marble Machine. That's also something quite epic, and those Swedish guys do lots of hacking with "unconventional" musical instruments)