Video Game Collection

Share unrelated electronics stuff, ideas, rants, etc!
hpglow

Video Game Collection

Post by hpglow »

Well after being in my house 13 years I decided it was time to start unpacking my collection of games. I spent too much of my life being an alcoholic and depressed before to get it done (hint: try to avoid both.) I don't normally toot my horn but I figured some of you guys may appreciate this pic. To my back is another shelf with all my PS1, DC, and various other games. Still missing are some Neo Geo, and Atari 5200 titles and this and that but its getting closer to being organized but still a massive work in progress.

Sorry I cannot figure out how to resize this thing to a reasonable size with bb code.
VideoGameShelf1.jpg
VideoGameShelf1.jpg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 17782 times
CunningFellow

Re: Video Game Collection

Post by CunningFellow »

I see a copy of Tornado2000 right down the bottom left corner :)
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Good collection you have going, even a TurboExpress very nice :mrgreen:
hpglow

Post by hpglow »

CunningFellow wrote:I see a copy of Tornado2000 right down the bottom left corner :)
Not quite as good just a knock off called tempest. ;)
D3thAdd3r wrote:Good collection you have going, even a TurboExpress very nice :mrgreen:
I'm cheap so like most stuff I have it was a stroke of luck. Some guy sold it to me for $15 because the DC port was broke. Same goes for the Neo Geo, I walked into a used game store and the owner wanted $150 with 2 games when the going price I ebay for the console alone was $1000 at the time. I couldn't get the cash out quick enough.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Lots of neat stuff there!
Same goes for the Neo Geo, I walked into a used game store and the owner wanted $150 with 2 games when the going price I ebay for the console alone was $1000 at the time. I couldn't get the cash out quick enough.
Man, that's a real steal. I can recall when the Neo-Geo came out...oh boy did I wanted that beast! One day I'll get one...one day. :P
Gosma

Post by Gosma »

Cool collection you have there!! every game lover should have one! :D

I love this stuff, i follow lots of game collectors in twitter. :D
rosemartine

Post by rosemartine »

Waw, you have amazing collection! It is a dream for every game lover.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Great game rack! I know it's an old post, but seeing that NEC TurboExpress on that shelf...you have no idea how much I wanted that thing when it came out...it was so much ahead of it's time with it's CPU power and active matrix display. There was no way as a kid I could pay that CAD300$ price tag. ( ~600$ in 2019 money) :cry: