post your game ideas

Share unrelated electronics stuff, ideas, rants, etc!
schepers_cp

post your game ideas

Post by schepers_cp »

hi all, i'm sharing some game ideas i'm having in mind right now:

you can share your ideas here too~

my ideas:

Tamagotchi for uzebox

- bullet hell (danmaku) game: ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeZlfG_CJDA )

rts game: ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQG68pA6o3c ) (or a turn based strategy game)

a sim-tower 'clone'

2048 (example: http://saming.fr/p/2048/)

a 8-bit visual novel

rayman (the known side scrolling game) clone

terminal app: able to show/delete eeprom usage, run a game, show sd card info, ect

E-book reader app.

flappy bird for uzebox
Last edited by schepers_cp on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
CunningFellow

Re: post your game ideas

Post by CunningFellow »

schepers, How are you going with your programming?

At the moment I am only planing on finishing Tempest and then probably do a pseudo 3D car racing game. I've planned out a video mode with the car game. I know I can render the image, but it might be the same as the RLE mode I devised for Elite in that there is not enough time to draw the image in the frame flyback.
Kerby

Post by Kerby »

I've thought a lot about the idea of ​​creating RTS for Uzebox ... Of course the game card can be stored on the SD card, but the data on which areas of the map will be visible variables. And it turns out a large array of variables, which can take the entire amount of RAM.
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

Flappy bird for uzebox!
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Harty123 wrote:Flappy bird for uzebox!
:lol: got the same idea!
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

Hey! Can you have mode 3 scrolling in two screen sections? I'm thinking Flappy Bird in a two player mode. Or maybe a Flappy Bird race?
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

No, unfortunately mode 3 supports only one scrolling screen section. But as usual a custom video mode is always possible. :)
Janka

Post by Janka »

If you need two separate horizontal sections below each other, you have to tweak the mode 3 code the way it starts over with a second screen start address after some raster line. That's not so hard to do.

I strongly vote for having a generic raster line API in mode3, which allows you to setup a number of screen sections based on the raster line. (I know, I'm way behind with my last contributions but I really want to get involved again. Who would help me?)
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Janka wrote:If you need two separate horizontal sections below each other, you have to tweak the mode 3 code the way it starts over with a second screen start address after some raster line. That's not so hard to do.

I strongly vote for having a generic raster line API in mode3, which allows you to setup a number of screen sections based on the raster line. (I know, I'm way behind with my last contributions but I really want to get involved again. Who would help me?)
Interestingly, my first version of mode 3 with scrolling had multiple screen section like mode 2. I dropped the feature because of the complication of ramtiles and sprites crossing sections. But thinking about it now and with adding a few restrictions, it should be workable. If there is genuine interest in such a feature, I'll have a look.
Janka

Post by Janka »

I was thinking of a more general solution for the most video modes we already have. At the beginning of each raster line, it could be checked whether we are at the next section start (a single cmp) and if yes, the pointer is incremented and an init routine for that new screen section is started. That way we would have only a simple change and at the same time maximum flexibility as the implementation of the mode-switch is on behalf of the game author. One could easily mix two video modes e.g. to have a colorful status line in an otherwise 1bpp game. Or mix with 16x4 palette mode for the games screen and 8x8 direct video mode for the status lines.

(The bigger challenge would be to make it possible to have two or more video kernels at the same time. That's why I ask. :? )