3D GLASSES IMPROVEMENT

Share unrelated electronics stuff, ideas, rants, etc!
nono34

3D GLASSES IMPROVEMENT

Post by nono34 »

HELLO

IS IT POSSIBLE to use cheap batery powered electronic 3d glases with synchronisation with uzebox computer ?
Attachments
3d glasses.PNG
3d glasses.PNG (102.66 KiB) Viewed 8635 times
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: 3D GLASSES IMPROVEMENT

Post by uze6666 »

Well, you may need some external microcontroller to deal with the usb or wireless interface, but yeah if they are plain shutter glasses, I can't see any reason they would not work. Then your game would display a slightly different picture for each field. That's a pretty cool idea in fact. :P
nono34

Post by nono34 »

YES SOME HAVE USB AND SOME DO NOT HAVE LIKE IN 3D CINEMA BUT DONT know how it work.but it work very well
nono34

Post by nono34 »

CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

To use them on a vectrex you would need to hack the electronics because the frame rate is variable.

On a uzebox that has a fixed 60Hz frame/field rate you could just buy some 200-2010 vintage shutter glasses that operated on IR and send IR commands through the air to the unmodified glasses.

You could probably also just buy some newer model ones that are Bluetooth and do the same - but I don't know how the bluetooth protocol works for glasses and the IR ones are easy.

There are also modern ones called "DLP-Link" that just use flashes of visible light to activare left/right eye - but again I have no personal experience with them.

Maybe a 3D version of T2K would be awesome.