A bit of time off, but awesome stuff going on here

Share unrelated electronics stuff, ideas, rants, etc!
Jubatian

A bit of time off, but awesome stuff going on here

Post by Jubatian »

Sorry for the long absence, just having somewhat rough time.

Anyway, just checked in and saw this really neat thing from rv6502: Unlimited RAM/ROM, the coolness factor of which for me is that it emulates a 32 bit CPU which even apparently has a C/C++ compiler already! That's something crazy for sure!

Mostly it is work in my case, crowded open-plan office heavy on meetings, some very complex architectural stuff to do, concentrating in that environment totally wrecks me by Fridays. And now again moving, which is just so overly complicated in the UK.

Something I was trying to do was Risc-V emulation, a fantasy console based on that CPU, but since a while I can not even really look at anything related to coding when I am finally off work. Anyway, nice to see some decent activity here!
rv6502

Re: A bit of time off, but awesome stuff going on here

Post by rv6502 »

Aw man, I know the feeling.

And It looks like things are ramping up at work so progress might slow down on the hobby side for a while.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Hey, welcome back! Totally relates about the openplan office same for me here. :?
L4rry

Post by L4rry »

What is it about open office spaces that people think is a good idea? Especially when your job is to focus on problem solving? ( assuming we are all software developers by trade ). I mean, you don't need closed doors, but I also think you shouldn't have to rely on expensive noise cancelling headphones to get some quality work done!
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Thank you! Yes, it is SW development... Or better describe it as struggling to get quality stuff done despite the conditions. Whoever imagined this thing should spend an eternity in the afterlife in one. In the Customer Support Department, with the deadline perpetually yesterday. :evil: (It is not actually this bad, just that by Friaday I feel about this way) I tend to believe though that this is in part due to how crowded the United Kingdom is in general (at least compared to Hungary, this area, I though sufficiently far from London, but apparently not), property prices are insane.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Ha, here in Montreal Canada, it's still very affordable! And the IT world here is desperate for talents. But the catch is you have to speak french. :? :roll:
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

uze6666 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:01 am Ha, here in Montreal Canada, it's still very affordable! And the IT world here is desperate for talents. But the catch is you have to speak french. :? :roll:
Well, I still have my old French textbooks, in general I like how the language sounds (especially French vocals, like this), but it definitely would take quite some effort to pick it up again! Though not all is lost :)