mconvert - MIDI Compressed Format Tool

Topics on software tools like TileStudio, comments on documentation and tutorials (or the lack of) should go here.
Artcfox

Re: mconvert - MIDI Compressed Format Tool

Post by Artcfox »

nicksen782 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:33 pm I cannot try until tonight, sorry but I definitely will try.
Cool, it should work as long as you haven't completely messed up your settings trying to get it working already. (That's what happened to me when I first tried to use it, so I just rebooted the LiveDVD and tried it again from scratch, and it worked. If you're not working from a LiveCD, I think you can sudo apt-get purge rosegarden, and then maybe delete any local configurations it saved to your home directory.)
How do you convert nsf 2 midi if the program doesn't work?
Not sure, I've only ever dealt with MIDIs created from scratch in Rosegarden, or captured from someone playing a real MIDI keyboard in Rosegarden.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

I will try nsf2midi on windows 10 and see whats up. What are the issues you are having?
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

No dice with what you suggested, artcfox.

The problems I was having with nfs2midi was that it would not load tracks or provide audio output. I could do *something* with the Japanese version but I really couldn't operate it.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

It's weird, I guess I am not sure what the issue could be. It seems like you want to get in practice at the process, so I converted off 100 seconds of each track from the NSF. I set it up the way I would for this music, and I think the music engine in that seems to do nothing fancy at all so the songs should be quite good MIDIs. Like usual in this process, you have to figure out the loop points manually. After some practice the whole thing is pretty standard, just a chunk of work any way you look at it.
Attachments
bbmidi.zip
(39.37 KiB) Downloaded 541 times
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

Thanks! I'll check it out!

BTW, what OS are you using with nsf2midi?
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Virtualbox running Windows 7, think I still have a windows 10 laptop somewhere here to try.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

I want to keep the threads separate in case there is further developments. With that said, I consider mconvert essentially finished and I am aware of no bugs nor blaring omissions for features. For future reference mconvert creates compressed MIDI data. For any talks one might hear about SPI Ram/Streaming PCM/etc., this does not handle anything directly involved with the PCM. The new tool which is useful for graphics, but especially PCM, is dconvert.