[Reference Poster] Uzebox

Topics on software tools like TileStudio, comments on documentation and tutorials (or the lack of) should go here.
neslou

[Reference Poster] Uzebox

Post by neslou »

Hi Everybody,
Just to inform you that i will try to collect informations in order to do a Reference Poster like what we could find for the Gameduino :
http://excamera.com/files/gameduino/syn ... poster.pdf

If you have some helpful drawings / informations / etc.. don't hesitate..
First of all i would like to begin with the hardware but i need also information regarding the structure of the different sources files (how they are link/dependent together)
I will add aslo IDE / How to flash etc..

Regards.

Neslou.
D3thAdd3r

Re: [Reference Poster] Uzebox

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Hey neslou. I would say most all the information you need is on the wiki and it shouldn't require too much searching on the forums. Schematics are here. You can compile the sources with gcc using AVR Studio or Eclipse and you can flash with an ISP. Once you flash the bootloader with an ISP, you can simply put game on the SD card and use the bootloader from there on. If you see something specific that needs to be covered on the wiki just make a mention and hopefully it will get added before too long.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Always wanted to have a Uzebox crib sheet! What I would think would be essential based on my own experience looking around for all those loose sheets of paper:
  • Overall block diagram. Prominently showing the Uzenet interface and keyboard of course! :P
  • Electrical Schematic
  • Instruction set summary:pretty much the table from Atmel's datasheet
  • Commonly used I/O ports (also from Atmel datasheet)
  • API overview of functions (excluding video modes specifics)
  • Kernel files structure
  • Common compile switches
  • Video Mode 1 & 3 API details
  • Links to key resources: main site, wiki, forums, etc
  • Tools chain overview and uzebox tools purpose (gconvert, etc)
I realize that this is a lot of info to pack in a sheet. That's going to be huge! :mrgreen:
neslou

Post by neslou »

Hi all,
Many thank's for your remarks.
I will try to make a draft.
My aim is to facilitate the adoption of the uzebox ecosystem, because there is a lot of information and even if you know by heart all the elements..it is not obvious for someone who just want to do something different than blinking a led with his arduino.. :D
Uzebox allow different personn of different horizon to learn a lot of thing.. Hardware / electronics / programming in C / Soldering / MicroControllers / Schematics / optimizations and so on!!!
Regards.