Tank Fu

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
Artcfox

Re: Tank Fu

Post by Artcfox »

I just rediscovered this game, and played through all the levels! Very awesome!

I was confused at the very end (where did the other tank go?) and then I saw what was happening, and was very impressed by the surprise ending. Very nice!
L4rry

Post by L4rry »

I'm happy that Tank Fu is still getting some playtime! :) Glad you enjoyed the boss fight. Thought it would be nice to reward the winning tank
with a bonus battle.
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Still getting some playtime? I think this is a classic for the Uzebox! I brought the hardware to a friend, and this game was quite fun to play in multiplayer, the diversity of the levels work very well for that! This is a great game for two players! :)
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Definitely one of the best multiplayer games, and quite original style too. Eh I wonder what L4rry is programming these days? I bet it is interesting :mrgreen:
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

I brought my Uzebox to Maker Faire. Tank Fu is really popular. These four kids have been having a blast taking turns for 15 minutes. I'm sure their mother appreciated the breather. 😂

It really is a great game.
L4rry

Post by L4rry »

These four kids have been having a blast taking turns for 15 minutes.
Kids enjoying your game is quite possibly the best complement a guy can get about a piece of entertainment. It really makes you feel
you are doing something worthwhile. Thank you for sharing. I'm feeling super proud right now :)
L4rry

Post by L4rry »

So I've finally gotten around to improving the AI for Tank Fu. The AI now supports multiple tactics.

- Hunt Tank Ignore Shot (The default tactic that was there since the beginning)
- Hunt Tank Evade Shot
- Evade Tank Ignore Shot
- Evade Tank Evade Shot

This makes for a much more interesting single player experience. The AI is not as predictable and tactics like
camping around corners are not as effective anymore. A tactic is selected at random each time the AI tank spawns.

In addition to the above, I've also merged in the latest kernel.

The ROMS for v1.2.0 are linked in the original post. Let me know what you think!
Last edited by L4rry on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

I've updated the online emulator copy.

In the future it would be wise to also include the version number on the game's title screen.
L4rry

Post by L4rry »

Nicksen782 wrote:I've updated the online emulator copy.
Thank you. I'm still seeing the old version though. Is there a delay between upload and availability? The other reason
can be that the v1.2.0 UZE file is all upper case. The original version wasn't. I've started doing this with Iros as UZE files
that come with the SD card (in the Adafruit kit) are all upper case. You'll know the latest version is loaded by the lack of
Uzebox logo when booting up. (I removed this to get back the space I needed for the AI changes)
Nicksen782 wrote:In the future it would be wise to also include the version number on the game's title screen.
Yeah good advice. I did actually consider it. Got lazy in the end :roll:
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

I originally set the wrong version to be the version presented. Then I deleted each and re-uploaded. I must have forgotten to sync again. Is it correct now?