NEW GAME ALERT: Würgertime v2.0

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.

Hot or not?

Yuck!
20%
Blarg!
40%
Hgnnn!
20%
Choke!
20%

Total votes: 5

uze6666
Site Admin

Re: WIP announcement: Würgertime

Post by uze6666 »

Hehe great progress! The game is so fast! Can I propose some sort of speed/level option?
Janka

Post by Janka »

For the emulator on my old T41 the speed is okay but it shows only 11MHz, so yeah, it may be too fast on the real machine. I think I use the full speed only for the "hurry" mode when there are only ~30s of bonus time left. And there will be a difficulty setting which mainly selects the set of levels to use. It's possible to re-use parts of level descriptions so there can be a lot of similar levels with adjusted difficulty: only one or two enemies, less burgers to build, additional ladders/floors etc.
Janka

Post by Janka »

On popular request, I've slowed down the game speed. ;) To make it a feature, there now is a bonus counter. It starts at 999 and counts down in a speed selectable in the level description. Once the counter reaches 250, the game announces "HURRY!" and the speed doubles. When the counter reaches 0, you lose a cook. Please see the attached demo, updated sources on github.
Attachments
Wuergertime-demo-20121110.hex.gz
(38.58 KiB) Downloaded 585 times
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

Hi Janka,

do you have some news about Würgertime?

- Harty
Janka

Post by Janka »

Due to much other work to do, progress on Würgertime slowed down a bit. I've put some support for unprecise game pads which always report corner directions into the latest demo, and a feature which allows to blink any sprite. The latter one is exercised on the cook right after he respawns to show the short invincible phase. See the attached new demo. Sources on github.
Attachments
Wuergertime-demo-20121203.hex.gz
(38.54 KiB) Downloaded 563 times
Uzer2000

Post by Uzer2000 »

Thanks for the update.

I like how fast the game runs.

Chris
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Great progress! A couple comments if I can. The chef is falling way to fast when he dies, I'd give him a couple frame in a "shocked" state before falling at a speed at which we can see him. Regular speed could also be a tad faster, specially climbing ladders.

Keep it up! :)
Janka

Post by Janka »

uze6666 wrote:Great progress! A couple comments if I can. The chef is falling way to fast when he dies, I'd give him a couple frame in a "shocked" state before falling at a speed at which we can see him.
There's a couple of things which could be slowed down, including all the animations.
Regular speed could also be a tad faster, specially climbing ladders.
The slow climbing is intended. The cook is an old guy, notice the grey hair! The way it is now the cook is as fast as the opponents on the ladders and twice as fast on floors.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

The slow climbing is intended. The cook is an old guy, notice the grey hair
:lol:
Janka

Post by Janka »

Now there are only a limited number of lifes for the cook so you can actually lose the game. See the new demo, updated sources on github.
Attachments
Wuergertime-demo-20121208.hex.gz
(38.7 KiB) Downloaded 727 times