FOOTBALL

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
Kilo

FOOTBALL

Post by Kilo »

Hello guys,
I thought to myself, I'll quickly program another game (in 6 hours).
Here it is: football.

Who remembers the old handheld from Mattel? :D

Well, I recreated it for the Uzebox.
For the controls and instructions, just google MATTEL FOOTBALL. The original instructions are there. But I will soon create a short guide and game description for the wiki.

Short explanation:
Either you play alone or in pairs. If you play alone you have to play for your opponent after changing sides.

You are the bright blinking LED. The other 5 are the defenders.
They try to grab you.
You have to go from one side of the field to the other.
You start at 20 yards and have to get 80 yards. Next to the yards you can see which side of the field the ball is on. -| In the left field and |- in the right field.
If you get caught, the down is over. There are 3 downs.
Unless you manage at least 10 yards per down (shown above right). Then you save yourself and stay on the turn. If you make it far enough and are on the 3rd down you can choose to run the last try or shoot the ball. It just depends on how many yards you still have ahead of you.
If you go 100 yards, there is a touchdown and it's the next player's turn. Until the time is up. Then 1 quarter is over. After the 4th quarter comes the result
Attachments
uzem_001.jpg
uzem_001.jpg (76.79 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
uzem_000.jpg
uzem_000.jpg (75.73 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
Football.uze
(36.23 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
nicksen782

Re: FOOTBALL

Post by nicksen782 »

Awesome!

This makes me wonder... remember all those little Tiger handheld games in the early 90's? How many of those could be easily ported to Uzebox? I had this as a kid: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1300545497 ... age-mutant (1989 Konami TMNT Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Handheld Video Game) I don't know why us kids loved these things so much but we sure did.
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

:D :D
I love these classic games.
And these Mattel handhelds are very easy to port.
They came without a LCD. Doesn't matter if Hockey, Football, etc. All of these devices had a LED Matrix and you can do it with the videomode 1.
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
danboid

Post by danboid »

Very nice! I wish I could write a full game in 6 hours!

How many UB games have you released this year? I've lost count. Most of us struggle to release one game a year.

I've got a friend moving to my town for 6 months who works as an EE so it looks likely I'll finally get my UB finished soon, which will motivate me to finish IKD.