Hat Trick

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Hat Trick (WIP)

Post by uze6666 »

Do you need all the letters in your font? I think a couple times I included only the required letters in my tileset in order to save space for game tiles. Usually quite ok for a title screen. For the main game, did you think of using the overlay? It can have it's own independent tileset. So looking at your game so far, the overlay at the top could have just the font and the main section just the game tiles.
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Yepp I also thought about it. You did it in Arkanoid with ROUND and READY.
Well I only need the numbers for score. The other part could be done with tiles.
But I tried yesterday to use only numbers. Didn't work as well. The numbers were shown but they didn't match my given number. Argh...
I will try on... I will get it somehow
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Guys, I did it! Phew...

First of all, I simplified the edge of the board. It's not so original now but at least I saved some tiles.
But this change gave me space for the font.
But I also had to edit the font and save some stuff.
Unfortunately it is not possible to do better. Unfortunately, the mainscreen is not really original but I think you can look over it or?

Now follow some small things like the game time, the points and the title screen and title melody.
uzem_000.png
uzem_000.png (4.94 KiB) Viewed 3273 times
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Ahhh the joys of working with limited ressources...glad you could optimized the graphics. Don't worry, nobody will hold any grudge for adapting the graphics, we all did that. And for one it give the port something unique to the Uzebox. :)
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Thank you Uze Yes you are right.
Unfortunately, not everything can be ported 1:1.
So I'll drop the Counter Strike idea for the Uzebox. :lol:

I've now also managed to press in a second font for the main screen. what is still missing is a title music and a few small bugs that need to be fixed.
Kilo

Re: Hat Trick

Post by Kilo »

Okay... I think the game is ready for a wiki entry.

Todo:
- 2 player implementation
- some minor improvements of movements and behavior of the sprites
- title music
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Wow the computer is very hard, I could not score a single goal in the period even in novice mode! It also froze at the end of the period for some reason. Any any case great work! :)
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

You can press START at the end of the period to start a new game. I had to freeze it that you can watch the score.

Well... yes it is very hard. But believe me, I have to play in Amateur mode because the novice is too easy for me now.
It is only practice. :)

Try not to make goals straight in front of the goalie. Approach from the upper or lower part and shoot diagonally.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

So do you consider the game finished so I post the news? Also, can you attach the latest ROMS to the initial post? It makes it easy for peoples to get it quick. Thanks!
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Yes you can post it Uze.

Sure...I will post the ROMs soon. 👍