Uzebox stuck on Solitaire

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
rfisher

Uzebox stuck on Solitaire

Post by rfisher »

I was playing Solitaire and its a great game. I just can't get back to the menu. The 4 button method doesn't work, also reset just loads the game again. Any tips?
Kilo

Re: Uzebox stuck on Solitaire

Post by Kilo »

What do you mean by menu? The gameloader?
Well some games doesn't use the kernal where the button combo for a reset is implemented.
So you have to reset "by hard" on the uzebox.
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
ry755

Post by ry755 »

Solitaire doesn't have the reset combo like most other games. It sounds like the bootloader got set to automatically start the game.
Press reset while holding a button on the controller, that will bring you back to the menu.
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

I wonder why. That feature should have been around for quite a long time before Solitaire was made. Perhaps Lee used a much older version of the kernel?
ry755

Post by ry755 »

nicksen782 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:26 am I wonder why. That feature should have been around for quite a long time before Solitaire was made. Perhaps Lee used a much older version of the kernel?
Not sure, but maybe he had to disable it for SNES mouse support?
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

That would make sense if the SNES mouse timings made it hard for that function to work.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Ah that is strange and not intentional. If I recall right, the game attempts to detect a mouse constantly in case the user plugs or unplugs it during play. Not sure if that would break it. I recall that I discovered a bug in Uzem mouse emulation and did some debugging with with a real SNES mouse. I bet I had hacked some stuff to track down that issues, then never built against a clean kernel. I never really released the game properly either, as I had envisioned Uzenet high score boards. I do need to clean up some of my games and build against the latest kernel before too long.

What ry755 said should at least let you change games after a manual reset.