Final Blood (WIP)

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
Kilo

Final Blood (WIP)

Post by Kilo »

Hey guys,
trying something new!

As I said, I have a Little Retro arcade game where over hundred games are on it. I saw a game called final blood where you have to shoot tanks and trucks. So I decided to give it a Chance.
But I designed the cannon and the turret of your own tank a Little different. Inspired by the old tank Simulation M1 Abrams, I paint a new turrent which Looks very cool. By the way: I really painted it by myself!!! Also the Background.

My first draft Shows the movement of the turret and one enemy. You can shoot with button A. if the enemy is in front of your cannon and you shoot, then the enemy is hit.
Well it's a very early draft but it Shows how the game could look like.
final_blood.jpg
final_blood.jpg (62.04 KiB) Viewed 1393 times

ROMS: Check the game's wiki page.
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
L4rry

Re: Final Blood (WIP)

Post by L4rry »

This looks quite promising :) Nice graphics too! I'm not familiar with this game at all, but I'm intrigued. What video mode are you using?
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Thx
I use VM 1. 🙄

Well it almost the same gameplay like other shooter.
Turn left or right, search for enemies, shoot them. 😂
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

Mode 1? Had me fooled with that nice parallax-looking background up above. If you have the flash you can make things look like sprites and not have to worry about switching out and managing tilesets. But then, anything that tile would be over would either need to line up perfectly to the grid or be drawn in such a way that it looks like a sprite over some tiles. And you would still need a restore buffer of some sort.

When the cannon fires how do you handle the graphics? Do you draw the explosion and then redraw the background afterwards?
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Well...
To be honest, I have not made it with sprites yet. I'm a cheater!!!
When god give me enough Flash I will create VM1 games which Looks like sprites! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Background consists of 8 tiles. The more tiles I would use for it, the more smooth is the Scrolling. But the more flash is used.

But yes you are right, flash space is the most Problem when I'm doing this. But okay...

When the cannon fires I'm using 3 different tiles for the Explosion. No, I'm using 4.
The main Explosion consists of 3 tiles which I'm showing one after another. At least there's the 4th tile: a green Background in this case. So it Looks like the explosin is vanishing...

I did this with Submarine and Das Boot. And all These games based on the Megatris framework :D

PS: Updated the .uze file! Now with some Sound, an enemy and fire
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Ok... I added score, time and Healtpoints as a red bar.
Now it's time for randomized enemies appearing and some damage action and then.... finished. 😁
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Update!

Released a little playable game.
Very simple like the original one.

Wiki entry also made.

One more game :D
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Huh, neat game idea here!

Wouldn't you like that 16 color Mode 1 variant I talked about by the way? :) It could give more room to play around with when it comes to realizing such sprite-like tricks.
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Köszi...thanks ;)

Well I'm glad that I am able to create games with 256 color in VM1 at all. :lol:
I need the time to play around with other VMs but I will have a look.