Tempest is possible

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
CunningFellow

Re: Tempest is possible

Post by CunningFellow »

Quite PCM channel fixed.

"Meet the Enemies" screens done

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vhmr1X ... sp=sharing

In attract mode "Start" will start the game. Select will show the next "Meet the Enemeis" screen.

There are 12 screens in total. The normal progression without hitting "Select" is

Title Screen
Credit Screen
High Score Table
Demo Game
"Meet the enemies" (One of 12 of these show each loop)

So it takes a long time to see all 12 screens hence adding the "Select" option to let you just jump to the next one.
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

I love that this game keeps getting better and better!
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

Here is some horrible mess of C code that draws the movies for the data file

Read it at your own risk.

You could develop bad coding practices from just downloading it. You have been warned.
TempestDraw2.zip
(22.19 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
danboid

Post by danboid »

CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

Any feedback on the code/comments for T2K?

Just trying to decide if I should do a full youtube video explaining how it works, but if no one is interested I probably won't bother.
danboid

Post by danboid »

As for comments on the code, t2k.c states:

* Uzebox(tm) TORNADO 2000
* Copyright (C) 2015 Alec Bourque

Have you intentionally assigned copyright to Uze? I know he did the music (and created the console) but giving him all the credit seems overly generous!

I think it'd be great if you could do a video explainig the code. The more UB tutorials and other educational aids there are then the more chance there is of attracting new developers or electronics hobbyists etc to the platform.

Artcfox has done some great vids explaining the basics of UB game dev so it'd be great to have at least one video covering more advanced game dev for the UB, even if I probably won't understand most of it.
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

I have been working more on the comments as well as working on a youtube video explaining the T2K video mode.

It's pretty hard talking about the video mode without really going off the deep and and making the content difficult to follow for the average person.

I have also gotten back into the RLE mode and working on a game for it when the youtube video is getting too much and I need a break.
danboid

Post by danboid »

Good stuff CF!

Uze has given me wiki access now and I've resumed (super slow and sporadic) work on building my Uzebox so I should be be able make great improvements to the wiki now for covering the beginner stuff better.
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

CunningFellow wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:13 am I have been working more on the comments as well as working on a youtube video explaining the T2K video mode.

It's pretty hard talking about the video mode without really going off the deep and and making the content difficult to follow for the average person.

I have also gotten back into the RLE mode and working on a game for it when the youtube video is getting too much and I need a break.
Very nice! I like your presentation style, and I'm looking forward to both. :D
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Amazing, one of the most impressive game gets even better! I really love the welcome the enemys, a very cool addition. And super glad to see the soundtrack full again. I wish I had time to read your sources and provide comments but alas I can't commit. Family life takes the bulk of my time!