EUzebox - a SCART based Uzebox for the EU

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
neslou

Re: EUzebox - a SCART based Uzebox for the EU

Post by neslou »

Hi Uze!
No problem I will do..I always wanted to do something like this project...
I will begin as soon as I receive my Euzebox..
see you soon everybody!
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

Hi Neslou,

welcome in the Uzebox community. I hope everything is well with your kit?!

Cheers

Harty
neslou wrote:Hi Harty123,
I have just order one Euzebox Kit from your website... This is my official entry into the Uzebox community :D
First, I am going to learn and practise a lot and then I hope to be able to contribute in some sort (documentation or tutorial for newbies as far as I discover the Embedded world...
See you soon.
Neslou.
neslou

Post by neslou »

Hi Harty123,
Thank you for your message!
I didn't build it for the moment because I have a lot of ambition for the Uzebox for other French user....
I am still learning and my aim is to build my own Nuzebox lol...
I am taking notes right now because it is not so obvious for newbies...and I would like to build a Hardware with Scart and S-Video Rca connectors...
Regards.
Neslou.
neslou

Post by neslou »

Hi Harty123,
Received today your Spring Kit... lol... I will build this next days normally..many thank's for all..you are very fast to ship! congratulations :!: :!: :!:
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Had to take advantage of Harty's summer sale, so I ordered an EUzebox kit, and a SCART->HDMI converter off amazon. Quite excited to see how this setup works! I'll post some pictures of the HDMI output when I get it running, if it goes well, I will probably have to order a NUzebox when they become available too. I'm not much for "hoarding" but for video game collecting I make an exception, especially for Uzebox. Now if only I could find a cheap arcade cabinet for the JAMMA version I want... :)
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Count me in for a NUzebox too! :D
neslou

Post by neslou »

Lol Uze6666 :D
D3thAdd3r, Harty's EUzebox is very an excellent package and if you have some spare time to learn, you will be able to do quite your own.
Regarding the NUzebox, i have to do a lot more job to achieve a totally finished one like EUzebox.
Btw, for the price, the EUzebox is "imbattable",you can go your eyes closed :-)
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Just built her!
euzebox.jpg
euzebox.jpg (66.51 KiB) Viewed 14962 times
BTW, yes, that cheap $50 SCART converter is awesome and those cheap $10 RGB SCART ebay cables you see for every console under the sun have worked %100 perfect for several different consoles I bought them for. The setup is worth every $0.01 no matter what country you are from.

EUzebox is no exception, picture is razor sharp and rock steady on my North American LCD! Don't be scared of that weird looking plug the Europeans came up with, you will come to love it quickly as I have :lol:
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Good to know there's an inexpensive up converter that works! Those with the regular Uzebox could then also benefit if they use the A/V breakout. :mrgreen:
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

uze6666 wrote:Those with the regular Uzebox could then also benefit if they use the A/V breakout.
One thing about this cheap one is it only has 2 inputs: SCART or HDMI(pass through?) so no S-Video. Should be possible to make a cheap SCART RGB dongle to the AV header basically?