gamepad pins does not wiork

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
D3thAdd3r

Re: gamepad pins does not wiork

Post by D3thAdd3r »

The only really low frequencies are the controller pins at 60hz for latch, and 60*16=960hz for clk.. I am just considering if you have the voltage window and timing window set on your scope to actually see some 0-5 volt swings. They are pretty long swings, I am just trying to think of other things since the other options seem unlikely.

There are other versions besides 4.5 linked here. These are pre-compiled and I have used some of them, so they do work. Keep in mind you should be able to grab any game of the wiki and flash that(not as bootloader) directly. Most any game is guaranteed known working to at least poll controllers in a way that works with the standard wired SNES controller clones you find online. If all else fails, I guess another chip needs to be purchased, since we know for sure that there are many .hex files that absolutely poll the controller. If you had some strange, wireless, etc. controllers, they may not work right because they need a modified timing for the clocks.
unrw

Post by unrw »

thnx
unrw

Post by unrw »

I tryed new atmega644 also in DIP package

pins 37 and 38 on chip does not work (gamepad not connected to uzebox) no signal

video and audio pins have signal I see it on oscilloscope
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Those pins aren't shorted together are they? One time I used a hot air reflow gun to remove a component and it created a short underneath a DIP socket that I could not see. I only found it out of desperation by using a continuity tester
xiaolong

Post by xiaolong »

Have you connected pin 30, AVCC? From datasheet:"AVCC is the supply voltage pin for Port A and the Analog-to-digital Converter. It should be externally connected to VCC, even if the ADC is not used."
unrw

Post by unrw »

xiaolong wrote:Have you connected pin 30, AVCC? From datasheet:"AVCC is the supply voltage pin for Port A and the Analog-to-digital Converter. It should be externally connected to VCC, even if the ADC is not used."
at first it was connected and did not work, later i disconnected pin 30

on PDF scheme version F1 pin 30 connected but at E1 pin 30 not connected то VCC, does it means that scheme for E1 version is incorrect ?
unrw

Post by unrw »

checked my device - pin 30 and pin 10 are already connected to VCC
unrw

Post by unrw »

may be pins 37 38 configured as common emmiter or collector?
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Artcfox wrote: Those pins aren't shorted together are they?
As Artcfox said, I would double and triple check on continuity everywhere if you didn't already. You said you tried another '644...it seems almost impossible that you would have 2 chips with the same defect, it has to be something with the wiring.
unrw wrote:on PDF scheme version F1 pin 30 connected but at E1 pin 30 not connected то VCC, does it means that scheme for E1 version is incorrect ?
Go with F1, it sounds like it should be connected(from '644 datasheet)
unrw wrote:may be pins 37 38 configured as common emmiter or collector?
that is configured by software, so if you are using known working programs that read the controller(any game or pre-compiled bootloader), then I would say this is not the issue. I really think it is wiring, a short, and open, or something like that. Can't imagine anything else.

BTW do you have a picture of your board?
unrw

Post by unrw »

I have NES console.
I tryed to check jaypad pins at working console with oscillocope and found that my oscillocope does not catch any signal.
I checked Video and Audio signal on NES console and oscilloscope catch signal.
Cant understand why cant catch signal on joypad pins...