Standard Pin Allocation: Open for Comments

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
havok1919

Re: Standard Pin Allocation: Open for Comments

Post by havok1919 »

uze6666 wrote:
how about just tying PB0 to PD5? I can still do that. Is it something that can be changed with a #define?
Yeah I guess we could, but Clay already has AVCore produced using PB0, so it will have to stay like this unfortunately :| . Anyway, although it will complexity the kernel a bit, I can achieve pretty much the same thing in software.
D'oh... Yeah, I'm basically locked in at this point-- Parts, PCB's, solderpaste screens, etc. are in and boards are being stuffed and reflowed as we speak...

I suppose if we really needed the cycles I could put a zero-ohm jumper option on the baseboards to connect CSYNC(PB0) to PD4 or PD5. (I did bring out the CSYNC line on the AVCore header pins for use on alternate video output methods.)

I kinda like having the module work stand-alone without tweaking though, so I'd say we stick with PB0 for now. Not like anyone is running out of cycles per frame yet... Then like Alec said we add it to the Uzebox2 list-- along with my goofy DAC fantasies and that optional MOSI->DAC connection for high bitrate pixel twiddling. ;-)

-Clay
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Please don't bother Clay! I just had to mention it because, well, I'm way too perfectionist. ;) We've invested so much resources so far and the final design is just fine. And that's the beauty of software vs. hardware: it's just so cheap to fix. In this case it's easy to fix. So let's keep it going as planned! :D

-Alec
majorsky78

Post by majorsky78 »

By making PB0 available, we could use the USART with clock, right? Can we then connect a PS/2?
I think connecting it to GPIO pins is not feasible as we would have to poll the CLK line as the keyboard is master.
But if we would have PB0 it should work, shoudn't it?
DaveyPocket

Post by DaveyPocket »

Uze, can you make PD5 reserved for the coin counter? Thanks
Put a little note on it that it only applies to the Uzebox JAMMA
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

DaveyPocket wrote:Uze, can you make PD5 reserved for the coin counter? Thanks
Put a little note on it that it only applies to the Uzebox JAMMA
Done! :)

-Uze
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

What about the "new" boards (The black one with the ESP8266 and the SPI RAM integrated)? Does the pin allocation apply to those (particularly the SPI RAM's Chip Select)?

I couldn't find these at the reference designs.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

I don't think the Gerber files are anywhere to be found, but the schematic can be found here.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

What about the "new" boards (The black one with the ESP8266 and the SPI RAM integrated)? Does the pin allocation apply to those (particularly the SPI RAM's Chip Select)?
Yes, you are right, I forgot to publish the latest gerbers et schematic. I sent a batch of kits two weeks ago with the new layout including the esp8266, so it's time to update them!

The pins of the main post reflect the latest pcb update.