Uzebox Micro Handheld

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
CunningFellow

Re: Uzebox Micro Handheld

Post by CunningFellow »

I have actually been working on this one slowly when I am in the headspace to get stuff done.

There is a lot of new CAD on the enclosure done, and I will make a better one of them soon.

The 2nd CPU stuff is a lot more solid now.

I did smash my only LCD screen just recently though. So that was a little set back.

The fulfilling kickstarter orders will not be too onerous. It will only take me a week to make them all.
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

Long time between drinks.

Here is a photo of ROGUZE on the 320x240 lcd screen with a non-optimal pixel blending turned on.

The blending is currently optimized to fit the 288/256 pixel screen of T2K into the 320 pixels.

But you can see that it does work somewhat to fit the 360 pixel wide mode of Roguze into the 320 available pixels.

The new version PCBs of the audio-amp, button input and main Mega644 CPU I made back in February are all working well with a few blue wires.

In the coming weeks I will be testing a new LCD screen that has a FPC ribbon connector. Preliminary tests last week showed it being a little bit better than the one in the photo here.

Next new PCBs being sent away are the new power supply and the house-keeping CPU.

DSC_0958b.jpg
DSC_0958b.jpg (216.17 KiB) Viewed 9371 times
Jubatian wrote: Sun May 08, 2016 7:46 pm I completed the proof-of-concept. The hacked emulator is here on GitHub, note that it has a few bugs whose fixes I didn't care to merge in, but just about everything works all right in it, so you can give it a go to see how things might look like through such a smoothing algorithm I described. The interesting bits are here, the rendersupp_line32() function.

Some example images follow captured from this build:

320x240_LCD_proofofconcept_Megatris.png
320x240_LCD_proofofconcept_Mode9.png
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Hey, glad to hear there's some progress going on. That screen sure looks sharp. :P