Uzebox breadboard portable

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
Kilo

Re: Uzebox breadboard portable

Post by Kilo »

Does anyone have a portable PCB for me? *cry*
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Well, I have about 10 here of my portable version. But thing is it's designed around 2 rather specific components: an Adafruit powerboost 500 (which is not available) and a lcd module modded to work on 5V instead of 12V. Plus it's designed to work with conductive pads of a SNES controller and hence also requires the enclosure. I can send you one if you want, but shipping is usually rather expensive to Europe.

You have issues making a PCB?
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Hey Uze,

well... The TFTs I use also work with 5V. That#s not the problem.
The Powerboost 500 is also the smallest problem, because I will tear down a powerbank. That's almost the same :)
The enclosure problem, I would solve with fixing the LCD and the powerbank somehow.
Well... the problem with the conductive pads. Mh... Let me think. Would it be possible to scratch to the copper and solder smd tactile switches?
Maybe... Could work

BUUUUUT, the shipping to Europe would be the BIGGEST problem! Lol
I guess 20 CAD for a 500g airmail?
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Would it be possible to scratch to the copper and solder smd tactile switches?
Essh, they are very thin, will probably not work.
I guess 20 CAD for a 500g airmail?
Could be cheapest to just have them made by JLCPCB for 2$ and shipped to you by china mail. But again my design may not suit your components, screen size etc.
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Well as I said before, I ordered last year (August) some PCBs over JLCPCB. Still waiting!! :D :(
Ok ok... I will make a PCB design by myself for tactile switches and some improvements for a non-enclosure design :)
Will order them over my work :)
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Kilo wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:24 pm Well as I said before, I ordered last year (August) some PCBs over JLCPCB. Still waiting!! :D :(
Ooops sorry, yes indeed your said that. Well, there's also PCBWays which offer a similar price.
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

:D

I will order some PCBs at my work.
It will be much more expensive, but that's not so bad.