Hardware didn't hold the line !

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
Unverified

Hardware didn't hold the line !

Post by Unverified »

Theres just too much of a childish approach to the Documents written for this.
I've been an embedded developer for years and the written instructions are junk.

Unsatisfactory. Too many files too mixed up and choppy.
D3thAdd3r

Re: Hardware didn't hold the line !

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Eh, you might have some point on the documentation, but we can only guess how to help at this point. Based on your other similar posts, it sounds like you are having problems flashing the ATmega644 is that correct? Are you on Linux or Windows? You will need an ISP like the AVR MKII ISP or similar. Fuse settings are listed here: http://uzebox.org/wiki/ATmega644_Fuse_Settings

There really should be a "Getting Started" document which talks about every last thing or points to the right places, from the time you set down the soldering iron until you compile your first game.
D3thAdd3r

Re: Hardware didn't hold the line !

Post by D3thAdd3r »

I deleted all the other posts which were basically the same as this, because they were inserted into random threads which does not help you or anyone. Let us know the specifics of your problem so we can help get you going, and perhaps you can help us with better documentation.