Missing and alternate components

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
danboid

Missing and alternate components

Post by danboid »

I have started down the path of building my own uzebox today by ordering most of the components.

I'm building a euzebox but I could not find a detailed BOM for the euzebox. There is the euzebox construction manual that has a parts list but that doesn't contain part codes like the uzebox zip file does so I just have bought those presuming the components are 99% identical.

The uzebox BOM gives codes for components from Digikey but there are a few components that are no longer available. This post is to list the alternatives that I've found and hopefully source the one I cannot find. I am trying to source enough components to build 2 Uzeboxs.

My biggest issue seems to be sourcing DK# 425-2541-1-ND which is a SHARP PC900V0NIPXF Logic Output Optoisolator Open Collector. Would anyone know where I might be able to get at least 2 of these? I'm presuming they are needed for the Euzebox.

DK were also not stocking 493-3286-ND aka 10µF 50V Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors but it looks like I can buy them in packs of 100 here:

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/7111425/

They are the same thing right?

Another component DK no longer stock is LM7805ACT-ND aka the ON Semiconductor LM7805ACT but this seems to be very similar:

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/linear-v ... s/7968060/

Can I use that instead of the LM7805ACT?

The UB BOM recommends buying a SD socket from Sparkfun, but what about HR846CT-ND from Digikey?

https://www.digikey.co.uk/products/en?k ... HR846CT-ND

Will this be OK for the SCART connector?

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/ ... SCARTX-024

Finally, what would you recommend I use for a breadboard, PSU and wiring?

Thanks!
CunningFellow

Re: Missing and alternate components

Post by CunningFellow »

The H11L1 which digikey does have in stock should be a replacement for the sharp optoisolator.

Alternately - if you don't need MIDI input/output just leave it off the board.

The electro capacitors are not critical and anything around the same value with a high enough voltage rating will do. No need for that specific brand. Just check the physical size to make sure it fits.

The LM7805 is again non-critical and any other brand 7805 regulator in the same package should do.

The HiRose SD socket is a good choice. HiRose are pretty good.
danboid

Post by danboid »

I wasn't planning on bothering with the MIDI. After re-inspecting the BOM after some sleep, now I see it does say that I only need that part for MIDI but that totally passed me by last night. Shame you can buy all but 3 of the components required from Digikey.
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

I don't think anyone used the MIDI stuff, and IIRC, Alec doesn't include it on the latest boards, or least not on the portable.
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

danboid wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:32 pmShame you can buy all but 3 of the components required from Digikey.
Digikey should have suitable replacements for everything.
danboid

Post by danboid »

When I was buying most of my UB compoents the SD card sockets weren't available from sparkfun so I ordered a HR846CT-ND SD adapter from Digikey. These SD adapters are not compatible with the official Uzebox PCB.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Indeed, that PRT-12769 SD socket is in and out of stock in Sparkfun for a long time. I found a replacement at Digikey a couple years ago but cannot find it in my past orders (they just keep two years). If I find it I will update the BOM with this info. In date of now, PRT-12769 is available at Sparkfun.