9 BIT RESOLUTION PER COLOR

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
D3thAdd3r

Re: 9 BIT RESOLUTION PER COLOR

Post by D3thAdd3r »

If it is something you are interested in then it is good to go for. I think it becomes fundamentally a different machine than Uzebox of course. For the additional circuitry, there are probably a lot of different options or even fully dedicated GPUs with 16bit color. I think for most stuff, resolution is in shorter supply than colors available. Part of the beauty of the Uzebox is the relatively easy to build nature, but certainly it could be fun to build some variant.
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Yes, that's it. For the Uzebox, I would prefer to stick with the Uzebox hardware, with the SPI RAM extension (which is the easiest to add to any of them if it comes to soldering).

Not that I don't have own projects as well, in particular once I get my current situation sorted out (relocating between countries), I will possibly continue working on an ARM system based on a similar concept like the Uzebox (the initial design will most likely use an ST Nucleo board, so not that hairy for home-building).

Otherwise I just got a completely new kernel's core running. It can generate proper sync at last :) When completed, that will be the foundation of something possibly quite wicked.

I could recommend experimenting with that video mode idea on the original design (what I said being like the MCI mode on the C64), that could have some great potential to pull off much higher horizontal resolutions than currently possible, without any changes to the hardware. If interested, of course alternatively, or combining, you could try to devise a kernel which does 525i (proper interlaced mode for doubled vertical resolution, maybe not that interesting).
nono34

Post by nono34 »

YES I think that the hardware don t need big modification 2 network resistor can be added easly even directly ONTO OR UNDER the pin of the 644
HERE some photo of different network resitor type.

one network need to be connected to +vcc
the other one need to be connected to ground

for the coding of the color i think that an encoding technik like in mode 9 will do the job

by the way it is also possible to active the pull up resistor of the 644 on port c but it will be a byte more of color and may be it will create to much colors :lol:

to activate the internal pull up resistor put the portc as input and write a byte onto it :D i think the pull resistor are about 10K OHMS

may be to see the result off the pull up resistor the network resistor must be 10kohms

meanwhile the 644 is a very powerfull cpu that i think can do better, particularly with video mode 9 and use of the spi ram and a state machin that interleave a 1 pixel onto 4 at 50 fps.with of course full color :roll:
Attachments
RNETWORK2.jpg
RNETWORK2.jpg (4.14 KiB) Viewed 11308 times
RNETWORK1.jpg
RNETWORK1.jpg (82.92 KiB) Viewed 11308 times
nono34

Post by nono34 »

OF COURSE A COMPRESION/DECOMPRSSION ALGORITHM must be impremented . i dont know if it is possible ?
here is a link of a free algorythm https://xiph.org/flac/api/index.html

but i don t know if it can be implemen,ted for the 644 LIKE i am not a c guru
nono34

Post by nono34 »

HERE is schematic for optimal color mode code on 3 byte
one byte for port output value
one byte for ddr input
one byte for pull up resistor (on/off)

of course not applicable for actual uzebox , but may be for a new one (reloaded version :P )
Attachments
OPTIMAL COLOR MODE.JPG
OPTIMAL COLOR MODE.JPG (44.72 KiB) Viewed 11301 times
nono34

Post by nono34 »

HAVE YOU SEE THIS

I DON T UNDERSTAND THE ASM BUT IT CAN BE COOL

https://hackaday.io/project/19248/galle ... 85b0bb2512

BY THE GO DO YOU THINK THAT ONE ONLY WIRE CAN SELECT THE COLOR (INCLUDING DIVIDER RESISTOR)

I MEAN UP RED MIDLE GREEN LOW BLUE

AND A WIRE WITH RESISTOR FOR THE YELLOW CONNECTED TO THE OTHER WIRE WITH THE SAME TRISTADE

??
nono34

Post by nono34 »

BY THE WAY IT SEEMS THAT A STANDARD LED CAN DECTECT A BODY AT 1 METER WITH 10MV

DU YOU THINK THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO DECTECT SOME ENVIRONEMENT COLOR WITH DIVIDER RESISTOR AND AMPLIFIER AND SCAN AT 256 BASE
nono34

Post by nono34 »

BASED ON THE SAME MODE
USING SPI TO MADE A ADC VIDEO COLOR IMPUT HEEGH SPEED

PUT A RCLD CIRCUIT AT THE INPUT OF THE DATASPI WITH THE MAIN CLOCK AT 2866MHZ

DETECT THE VCC/2 WITH CHARGING THE CAPACITOR , DISCHARGE EACH TIME AND COMPUTE CLOCK NUMBER CYCLE ?

DO YOU THINK IT CAN WORK?

THX