SD Card pullup resistors, atmega 644 programmer, few questions

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
ry755

Re: SD Card pullup resistors, atmega 644 programmer, few questions

Post by ry755 »

I also used an ATtiny85 for the keyboard module, and it worked fine
kricon

Post by kricon »

D3thAdd3r wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:47 am The ESP8266 and the SPI Ram are fairly easy to add to an E/Uzebox. I did it on a prebuilt official E/Uzebox PCB from Hartmut with some jumpers.
I'm making my own PCB (maybe stupid idea without testing it on protoboard first), and wanna know if there is any disadvantages if I just add SPI-RAM and ESP8266 into it. I'll use IC socket for SPI-RAM, and some sort of board interconnect for ESP8266, so it'll be easy to remove one or another if needed.
If I get it right, as for now, with SPI-RAM and ESP8266 connected, it's plug&play and uzebox would perform same as they weren't installed, just games needing them will use them (except ESP8266 as its not programmed)? And both works on old 0.4.5 and 5.0 bootloaders?

I understand about voltage dividor for level conversion, I'll test it without soldering first, and if I got space maybe I'll use this schematics for dedicated 74HC08 IC as a level shifter. I'm sorry for asking about that many times, but as I said, after soldering 2x8pin pins of sd card module onto board, there is no chance in removing that resistors from sd card module later.

Okay, I'll mount AtTiny45/85 on board, will get you updated if the switch works.
I'm also going to add AD725 for S-Video and composite together with SCART RGB (all three outputs will be embedded into SCART interface with one multi pole-double throw switch to change SCART output from S-video/composite to RGB). I do hope SCART RGB output will work when simultaneusly running AD725 on same RGB lines - I'll let you know how it goes. And I think about putting 12V on pin 8 SCART, so TV would automatically get into AV input into 4:3 mode when e/uzebox is switched on. If everything goes as planned, I'll upload pictures od my e/uzebox with enclosure and maybe make updated euzebox schematics.

The biggest question now is which SPI-RAM chip I need to order. Schematics says 23LC1024, is that correct and up-to-date? Is there any other SPI-RAM chip I can order? I would like to order it as soon as possible so the quick response in which one to get is desirable.
ry755

Post by ry755 »

kricon wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:56 am If I get it right, as for now, with SPI-RAM and ESP8266 connected, it's plug&play and uzebox would perform same as they weren't installed, just games needing them will use them (except ESP8266 as its not programmed)? And both works on old 0.4.5 and 5.0 bootloaders?
Yes, they are automatically detected and used for games that require them (AFAIK, there aren't any games that require the SPI RAM yet)
kricon wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:56 am The biggest question now is which SPI-RAM chip I need to order. Schematics says 23LC1024, is that correct and up-to-date? Is there any other SPI-RAM chip I can order? I would like to order it as soon as possible so the quick response in which one to get is desirable.
Yep, the 23LC1024 is the correct part
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

ry755 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:37 am
kricon wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:56 am If I get it right, as for now, with SPI-RAM and ESP8266 connected, it's plug&play and uzebox would perform same as they weren't installed, just games needing them will use them (except ESP8266 as its not programmed)? And both works on old 0.4.5 and 5.0 bootloaders?
Yes, they are automatically detected and used for games that require them (AFAIK, there aren't any games that require the SPI RAM yet)
Nicksen is working on a game which will use it (see this topic), I also have a couple of demos which demonstrate some cool stuff which can be done with it (see Mode 748, an SPI RAM video mode), Lee (D3thAdd3r) also implemented support for streaming music from the SPI RAM. You can just add it to a Uzebox, it will not affect any existing game in any manner. And yes, it is 23LC1024.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

As for simultaneous AD725 with RGB taps, I tried and failed to get it to work. But that was without a switch so taps and AD725 were in parallel. It could have been my shady SCART cable build though, and I have to do all my SCART through a (perhaps fussy) SCART->HDMI converter as I have US televisions only. I consdered some IC to cleanly share the RGB but I didn't get that far yet.
nono34

Post by nono34 »

hello

THE SD CARD CAN RUN AT 48 MHZ NOW
WITH A CLOCK AT 28MHZ IS IT POSSIBLE SHIFT THE REGISTER STATUT OF SPI TO SLAVE AND UZE THE FASTEST CLOCK ?

MAY BE A CAPACITOR OR A RESISTOR OR A DIODE CAN MADE THIS TO WORK

EXPLAINATION: LIKE IT IS A SERIAL REGISTER YOU CAN FILL IT AT THE SPEED CLOCK RATE

WHAT DO YOU THINK ? DOES IT ENOUTGH TO DOUBLE SPEED THE SD CARD FOR THE WIDEO ?