Five clock per pixel RLE mode

Topics related to the API, programming discussions & questions, coding tips, bugs, etc. should go here.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Five clock per pixel RLE mode

Post by uze6666 »

Well - there has been progress since this thread. I posted a moving polygon HEX file here

http://uzebox.org/forums/viewtopic.php? ... 402#p30402

About a month after this threads last comment.
Yeah saw it, but I can't run it in CUzebox, just hangs. I guess there was a patch? Anybody has a recent windows build lying around? Or have the HEX so I can just run it on the hardware?
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

Hopefully this works on your real hardware.

I'll look up and find the patch needed for Uzem to run in the emulator.
Attachments
SpinningShip.hex
(91.5 KiB) Downloaded 487 times
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Hopefully this works on your real hardware.
It sure works fine...fast and smooth, it's very impressive!! :shock: Never though I would see big polygons like that on the Uzebox, kudos! But don't be such a tease, we need a game now! :P
I'll look up and find the patch needed for Uzem to run in the emulator.
Would be better for Cuzebox since I'm not using uzem anymore.
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Artcfox wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:16 am This is the post with the patch: http://uzebox.org/forums/viewtopic.php? ... 170#p27772
Yes, that's it. For a moment I thought a branch or fork existed having it, but apparently not. Why it is not added to the mainline is that it is a very specific hack to get the RLE mode running, for the UART peripheral, whose exact clocking I never even considered. Given this use-case it might prove to be very difficult to get a properly functioning, and adequately performing actual UART emulation realized (which would be required for the ESP8266 which notably Lee was experimenting with, but L4rry also has a functional Tank-Fu for it already).
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Jubatian wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:25 pmYes, that's it. For a moment I thought a branch or fork existed having it, but apparently not.
Huh, I forgot that it doesn't exist since I merged the patch in! :) So if you happen to have a CUzeBox version which doesn't run the RLE demo, just do a fresh build from a fresh checkout. EDIT: I noticed that the binaries I am hosting are old, I updated those now! (those at the bottom of the first post in the emulator's thread, so grabbing the appropriate one from there should also run the RLE demo now).
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

Thank you Jubatian,

I can confirm the Win32 binary works.

I better finish of that hexagon game now.