Uzebox SD Gameloader V0.4.5

Topics related to the API, programming discussions & questions, coding tips, bugs, etc. should go here.
Retrogadgets

Re: Uzebox SD Gameloader V0.4.4!

Post by Retrogadgets »

Finally its ALIVE

check it out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyjVUV ... n3rMsTp7SQ
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Congrats!! :D
neslou

Post by neslou »

Hi All,
Is there someone here with an image of a sdcard with game and démos?
I am trying to test the sdcard on my board but it seems that it doesn't work on my side..
I am trying with 4Go SDCard but partition it in 1Go with FAT filesystem with diskpart on Windows..
I don't know if it is a problem of the sd card or if it's me who don't prepare the SD like it should..
Maybe a win32Disk image could help me?
Regards.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Unfortunately I would recommend using a different card. It has to be <=2GB and not SDHC. Format it to FAT16 and try 16k clusters, this link might help you. I have a few of these PNY brand cards...it's really strange because they don't say "SDHC" on the label and say 2GB...in windows it says SDHC and 4GB...I don't know but they work perfectly. I attached the first SD card I could find at the moment, an outdated image I was using for development long ago. Might be some broken development game on there or something.

The non-SDHC cards are impossible to get locally for me, so the internet is your friend on that.
Attachments
SDIMAGE.zip
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 650 times
neslou

Post by neslou »

Hi D3thAdd3r,
Many thank's!!! I will try your advice...i was thinking that i should not use these recent sdcards..but i was hoping that with partition it and correctly formatt, it will be ok..snif...
I will try some eBay sdcards..
Thank's for all.
Neslou.
neslou

Post by neslou »

Hi All,
Just to say that it was a problem with my previous SDCARD. A friend of mine lend me a 2Gb and it works perfectly...
D3thAdd3r, your SDImage didn't work for me..After writing to the SDCard..Windows asked me to format :cry:
I made a lot of progress right now, i can go further for the programming aspects..
Is there a way to have all the game and the demo with the source code / UZE extension and HEX extension?
I would like to leverage my knowledge for starting to program games (simple of course :D )
Many Thnk's again for all your help!
Regards.
Neslou.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Is there a way to have all the game and the demo with the source code / UZE extension and HEX extension?
This question doesn't belong to this topic. I'll open a new one and answer there.
neslou

Post by neslou »

Ok Uze6666, sorry for having melanging two different themes.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

No problems! Trying to keep this thread as lean as possible since it's getting quite long. :)
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Uzebox SD Gameloader V0.4.5

Post by uze6666 »

Posted version 0.4.5 that includes the fix for Tornado 2000. See main post. Code commited.