Template for Games / Sprites

Topics related to the API, programming discussions & questions, coding tips, bugs, etc. should go here.
nicksen782

Re: Template for Games / Sprites

Post by nicksen782 »

Other options include the Online Gconvert JS. It is like Gconvert but has a GUI. Easy to create tilemaps. Gives lots of useful output. Just something to consider. https://www.nicksen782.net/UAM/APP_gconvert/gc.html

This is good for traditional tilemaps but not things like code tiles or meta-tiles (yet!)
Jacaba

Post by Jacaba »

nicksen782 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:29 pm

@Kilo: I'll attach something tonight to this thread. This will be simple but will contain the following: Source images, gconvert xml files, demo code that can switch tilesets and work with multiple sprite banks. I'll just have sprites moving around in the demo. I'm assuming video mode 3 here. You should be able to see the relationships between images, xml, and how to operate them with the built-in Uzebox stuff.

I actually had a demo of this in place for something else... Now I have a great reason to finish it! But for now, I'll help you with this template.

Should be fun!

Hello nicksen, Did you finish the template you commented on in the thread?

I think it could be very interesting for me and other persons who want to make his first game
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

I did actually but I sent it to Kilo in a PM.

I've attached it here to this post. Take a look. I set up my projects my own way but it should be clear. Ask questions here. I'll try to help.
Attachments
TilesDemo.zip
(191.17 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
Jacaba

Post by Jacaba »

thank so much, nicksen.

I think it will be a hugh help for a newbee as me.