UCC2018 -- Uzebox 10th anniversary edition

Discuss Everything related to UCC, share progress of your game, ask questions, etc.

Would you participate in a UCC2018 game coding competition?

Poll ended at Fri May 11, 2018 8:19 pm

Yes
62%
No
No votes
Maybe
23%
No but I'd like to be a judge
15%

Total votes: 13

Jubatian

Re: UCC2018 -- Uzebox 10th anniversary edition

Post by Jubatian »

rocifier wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:50 am(...) As a skill game, it's a bit of a fresh take though, and would be possible on uzebox (though the background alternating colours would be really hard to do, and they help gameplay significantly)
CunningFellow made a quite wild vector mode for this, well, it still needs a patch for CUzeBox to work (as it is missing an ATmega peripheral he used for it), but I am fairly certain he can finish it with that video mode, color alternating included :)
rocifier

Post by rocifier »

Jubatian wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:52 pm
rocifier wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:50 am(...) As a skill game, it's a bit of a fresh take though, and would be possible on uzebox (though the background alternating colours would be really hard to do, and they help gameplay significantly)
CunningFellow made a quite wild vector mode for this, well, it still needs a patch for CUzeBox to work (as it is missing an ATmega peripheral he used for it), but I am fairly certain he can finish it with that video mode, color alternating included :)
Awesome just read the thread about it :D might be motivation for you to finally add the UART emulation to cuzebox?
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

rocifier wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:28 amAwesome just read the thread about it :D might be motivation for you to finally add the UART emulation to cuzebox?
I am being indeed kicked around for that since a while! :lol:
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

The patch I made so the RLE mode would run on Cuzebox only implements the UART timer. None of the rest of the hardware.

I think Artcfox has tired that patch, but I don't know if anyone else has. It would be nice to have the interrupt timing patch added at least so if I do finish a game the general populous can run it.
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

CunningFellow wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:24 am(...) It would be nice to have the interrupt timing patch added at least so if I do finish a game the general populous can run it.
If you release it, I will seriously throw away whatever I was doing and add some code to CUzeBox to support it! ;) Or if nothing else, at the very least accept the temporary patch into the master until it can be done proper!
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

My game is finished minus some final bug testing and the addition of sounds. The sound system is in place but I need the actual sounds. I'm ready. But, is this still happening? It isn't 2018 anymore.

Perhaps instead of "10th Anniversary Edition" we could call it "UCC2019 - Turning it up to '11'" or something?

How many people are holding their games until UCC?