UCC2016: The Uzebox Code Challenge returns!

Discuss Everything related to UCC, share progress of your game, ask questions, etc.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: UCC2016: The Uzebox Code Challenge returns!

Post by uze6666 »

Allright then, we stick to the original date. Time to polish your game! :mrgreen:

Thanks to those who already submitted. I and other judges will not review them until the deadline, so so can always send a last minute update if you wish.
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

Well - I completely forgot about the UCC2106 till a few days ago. Evaluated the crazy idea I had to try and top T2K on a techincal level and decided it would never happen in a week.

So I just started my alternative game this morning. It is a much less ambitious idea than the other one. But I should be finished to playability in one or two days.

It might have helicopters and tanks.
hpglow

Post by hpglow »

I would be happy to look at entries as long as they run in the emulator well.
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

hpglow wrote:I would be happy to look at entries as long as they run in the emulator well.
It is among the rules ("Projects must be made to run on the hardware and emulator."), so I guess this shouldn't be a problem!
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

Was a rushed job in the last week.

I would have loved to have put a timer on the levels to give bonus points if you finish fast to make it more frantic. But I ran out of time myself.

As Usual the sound is average because I have no idea about sound.

Edit: Oh - I am currently using the EEPROM block assigned for T2K - as I didn't think about asking for some new blocks assigned. I will recompile it when I get 2 new blocks assigned.
Attachments
cchopper.zip
Chickens In Choppers
(41.21 KiB) Downloaded 624 times
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

CunningFellow wrote: Edit: Oh - I am currently using the EEPROM block assigned for T2K - as I didn't think about asking for some new blocks assigned. I will recompile it when I get 2 new blocks assigned.
We should never run out of space in the 16 bit ID range. Myself and probably most people just took one(s) that made sense, and at least no one ever publicly rebuked them that I've seen.
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Still almost half a day to go, and it seems like there are three entries in (as far as this forum goes, of course I don't know who else sent in his silently). Hope it is all going well!

CunningFellow: "It might have helicopters and tanks", 6 days ago, and now the game is in with helicopters and tanks :lol: I wouldn't ever be able to get anything done in such a little time (won't tell more for now, just that I am impressed by what I saw in the package)!
shockdesign

Post by shockdesign »

Ack.. and life has gotten the better of me this year, my entry won't be ready in time. However going to try and put it out over the next couple of weeks.
yllawwally

Post by yllawwally »

Uze6666 did you get my pm, with roguze?
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

CunningFellow wrote:Was a rushed job in the last week.

I would have loved to have put a timer on the levels to give bonus points if you finish fast to make it more frantic. But I ran out of time myself.

As Usual the sound is average because I have no idea about sound.

Edit: Oh - I am currently using the EEPROM block assigned for T2K - as I didn't think about asking for some new blocks assigned. I will recompile it when I get 2 new blocks assigned.
I didn't receive a PM, so I'll assume this is your entry then. :)