Spreading the word

Discuss Everything related to UCC, share progress of your game, ask questions, etc.
D3thAdd3r

Re: Spreading the word

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Don't need vectors, basically 1200x1200 where nothing important is around the edges inwards up to 1/8" (around 37 pixels border). I didnt consider the original wasnt going to work and then throw a project on you :oops: There is plenty of revision time, since you are doing the work you can make something different if you think it's better for a sticker.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Essentially I had to remake it, not from scratch since I had most parts already vectorized and the trophy was as a 3D model I made in the past. Only thing I could not get right was the "Z" on the trophy which I dropped. I got to think that perhaps something is missing since it doesn't talk much about what the event is about unless you read the little text at the bottom and some snapshots of the games and the console would have helped a lot but it doesn't look good in the current design. So I reworked the whole thing. Here's previews of 3 versions pick the one you like most! I PM you link to the full res files since they are too big to be posted here.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Btw, I just learned there will be a Mini Maker Faire in Montreal and not very far from where I live. :P Very lucky, it was the last day to register!
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Now that I see it with the screenshots it does make a lot more sense. I prefer the darker 2nd one because the image has to have a lot going on, and the higher contrast makes everything more defined. Looks great, no revisions are needed there. Were you going to PM a lossless version? The 1200x1200 version you PM'ed is a high quality jpeg that would work, but let me know and we will get them printed and dispersed.

uze6666 wrote:Btw, I just learned there will be a Mini Maker Faire in Montreal and not very far from where I live. Very lucky, it was the last day to register!
Very cool, perfect way to get a contestant or two :ugeek:
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

these stickers are pretty cool. In 3 weeks I will go to the 7th "Lange Nacht der Computerspiele" again. It would be great to have such stickers... or I could order an new poster.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Harty PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a bunch for the event
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

I received a mail today, saying the project is not accepted at mini maker faire Montreal! Too much entries related video games it seems, they don't want an arcade there!!! What a shame, specially in my home town! Eh, no big deal, more time to concentrate on the Uzebox enclosure, compo, UzeLink and keyboard !

@Lee: Did you get those stickers? I'll spam mini maker faire Montreal with it, that'll teach them a lesson! :lol:
hpglow

Post by hpglow »

That seems odd as many programmers got started because of their interest in video games. There are only so many blinking leds, spinning motors, weather stations, and home made apple 1s' people can look at before we want games.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

D3thAdd3r wrote:@Lee: Did you get those stickers?
Yes I did and the quality is quite good. I actually got my oscilloscope from China before the stickers from California though so I'm very unimpressed with the turn around time there as they were "queued for production" for longer than 10 days. Sorry Harty, I thought it was going to work out for the event :( I'll send you guys some anyways once I get a chance to get back home and get caught up on things. The only free time I have lately is in the Midnight-2:00am time frame at the expense of sleep.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

So, how is the scope?