UCC2013: Final Results!

Discuss Everything related to UCC, share progress of your game, ask questions, etc.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Uzebox Code Challenge 2013: Deadline extension to June 7th!

Post by uze6666 »

You're a saint Uze!
Thou shall be blessed my son! ;-)
How many people are still going? I assume from your message it's not just three of us that responded here.
Eh, can't be sure! The fact of the matter is, I assumed the "historical" pattern of folks who said they wanted to code games vs those who actually did. Turns out the ratio is about 1/4! That's about the firm entries I can confirm (6-7) who submitted entries. Was to be expected I guess, since, well, eh its hard to code games after all! But still, prizes are there and we will give them away!!!

After that, well, the Uzebox project shall resume on a more easy going track just as Janka famously said, "No deadlines in hobbies, please!"... :)

Cheers!

Uze
CunningFellow

Re: Uzebox Code Challenge 2013 Opens!

Post by CunningFellow »

Gerkl wrote:
CunningFellow wrote:Gerkl,
I can try lend you a hand with C things if you like.
I would be glad about help - I'm losing my last hope to fix this bug. I really don't know where it is. In the current version my game crashes in the second map. If I activate music, it already crashes in the first one.

You can look about my source, but it's written untidy and about 2200 lines.
Gerkl,

Sorry I tried for a bit but could not even get it to run in the emulator. It took me quite a bit of effort to even get it to compile so I may have screwed something there.
Janka

Re: Uzebox Code Challenge 2013 Opens!

Post by Janka »

Gerkl wrote:I would be glad about help - I'm losing my last hope to fix this bug. I really don't know where it is. In the current version my game crashes in the second map. If I activate music, it already crashes in the first one.
It may be a problem with using too much RAM/having too many RAM tiles. This isn't checked by the compiler or kernel. Always think of having enough stack space - random crashes are often a matter of a corrupted stack space.

Janka
Gerkl

Post by Gerkl »

I already thaught about that and modified the uzem-emulator in order to get the lowest stackpointer-position: There was about 100 Bytes more sram free. However, the emulator-version of my game shows the main menu only and I just notice I forgot the heap. I will try to reduce ram consumption tomorow.
Kerby

Post by Kerby »

Hi!
June 7th I'm going out of town on business and will not be near a computer. So now I ask where to send the finished files of my little and the first game for the Uzebox? And what exactly do you need? Hex and Use?
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Hi Kerby,

All contestants should send me by PM the sources and everything needed to compile the game as a zip file (that was one on of the contest rule). Also include the HEX and UZE file in case I can't compile right away.

To all, only 2 days left! The final deadline is this friday the 7th at 11:59:59 GMT-5 (though I'll probably accept those who'd arrive during the night too :) )!

Cheers!

Uze
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

Just hours to deadline.

Very keen to see what those people working in secret have come up with :)

Good luck all.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Deadline in 3 hours guys! Submit what you have, it doesn't have to be perfect! :D
Arlof

Post by Arlof »

Just PM Attachment's correct?
Arlof

Post by Arlof »

Well got my baby submitted... I'm pretty proud of her being some of my first ever bit of ANSI C programming. Good luck to everyone else! I look forward to seeing everyone's efforts!

Arlof.