UCC2013: Final Results!

Discuss Everything related to UCC, share progress of your game, ask questions, etc.
uze6666
Site Admin

UCC2013: Final Results!

Post by uze6666 »

The Code Challenge 2013 is over...here's the winners!
Without any more delays, here's the votes per juge and game! :mrgreen:
All scores were normalized, i.e: the voting scores from each judge has been divided by the total points given by that judge.

1st: PitfallJones - Space Age
2nd: D3thAdd3r - Columns
3rd: CunningFellow - VectorGame
4th: Kilo - Dasboot
5th: Kerby - 15 Puzzles
6th: Gerkl - Uze Mario
7th: Arlof - Fireman Rescue
8th: Flecko - Escape from the Dungeon 2

For the 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners, please send me a PM with the kit type you would like (Uzebox or EUzebox), your shipping address and also a paypal email for the cash prizes. For position 4-8, send me your t-shirt size and shipping address.

Congratulations to all!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Arlof-FiremanRescue.zip
(42.13 KiB) Downloaded 1680 times
CunningFellow-VectorGame.zip
(24.43 KiB) Downloaded 1598 times
D3thAdd3r-Columns.zip
(61.81 KiB) Downloaded 1552 times
Flecko-EscapeFromDungeon.zip
(31.88 KiB) Downloaded 1510 times
Gerkl-UzeMario.zip
(38.6 KiB) Downloaded 1522 times
Kerby-FifteenPuzzle.zip
(53.28 KiB) Downloaded 1519 times
Kilo-DasBoot.zip
(41.97 KiB) Downloaded 1477 times
PitfallJones-Spaceage.zip
(68.07 KiB) Downloaded 1568 times

The Uzebox community is officially launching its first game coding contest! We aim to stir interest in peoples to realize games and ideas sleeping idle in a corner of their brain! The contest will offer prizes and eternal gratification by having their names all over the place on the Uzebox site. Here's the details:

RULES
  • The contest will launch February 1st 2013 and close June 1st 2013 at midnight GMT-5.
  • Participant *must* register to participate.
  • The registration date limit is April 1st. To register, send the administrator a personal message on the forums with a rough idea of the game you are planning to present (if possible). It will remain secret but if someone had registered the same idea before you will be advised.
  • Participants will be listed at the end of this post
  • More than 1 entry can be submitted per participant but only one can win a prize
  • You can share the progress of your game at any time during the compo as long as you registered it
  • Existing WIP games never completed can enter the contest...perfect occasion to finish em up ;)
  • More than one person can work on an entry but only one prize will be attributed to the entry
  • Source code will need to be submitted along the binary and we must be able to compile it
  • Projects must be made to run on the hardware and emulator. An exception to not support the emulator is if your game uses the SD card interface to load content.
  • Projects must be games or other useful and interactive programs (like Uzeamp, a tracker, etc). No demos will be accepted (demos in the traditional sense, i.e: Second Reality by Future Crew).
  • Projects must not be a simple update of an existing Uzebox game.
  • Projects must be at most 61440 bytes long to be compatible with the Gameloader.
  • Any video mode can be used
  • Any kernel version can be used
  • Custom kernels and video mode can be developed and used as long as it runs correctly on the real hardware and the emulator.
  • Jury will be made of a panel select by Uze
  • Rules may be subject to change
  • If money prizes are given, they will be payed out exclusively via Paypal.
  • Judging will be made by summing the rating from 1(lowest) to 10(highest) several criterions:
    • Game Play: How the game plays and reacts, AI level, game dynamics, etc
    • Originality: Bonus point for an original game concept (i.e. not a port of an existing game)
    • Graphics: Quality and richness of the in game graphics
    • Sound & music: Quality and quantity of sound effects and in-game music. Bonus points for original effects and music.
    • Completeness: Bonus point for things like many game levels, main menu, high score panel, attract mode, etc.
    • Technical prowess: custom video modes, complex effects, etc will be awarded bonus points
  • Prizes will be allocated as following (first proposal, to discuss). Note that the prizes may be subject to change for the better if we find sponsors.
    • 1st: A E/Uzebox ultra deluxe kit: Kit(PCB+all parts)+2 controllers+AVRISP MKII programmer+SD CARD preloaded+power supply+all cables + 200$ + a 7" TV monitor sponsored by Adafruit.com.
    • 2nd: A E/Uzebox standard kit + 100$
    • 3rd: A E/Uzebox base kit + 50$
    • 4,5,6th places: 1 Uzebox t-shirt

Obviously in 4 a months timeframe we are not expecting miracles, so the goal is to make simpler games that can still be fun -- and have fun coding it too! Simpler games are less complex and have more chance to be completed.

Hope you join massively...good luck! :mrgreen:

Registered participants
----------------------
Roukan
Kilo
D3thAdd3r
Nekotika
Flecko
Gerkl
Kerby
CunningFellow
Kninja_pi
HylianSavior
LOLSWANS
KaineraS
geekygeek2
mshriver2
yllawwally
claytonghobbs
Arlof
Rylen
Ellipsis
PitfallJones
Dsrush
Shiny
John
Greg
DaveyPocket

Re: Uzebox Code Challenge 2013 Opens!

Post by DaveyPocket »

I'll try to spread this message about this as much as possible, good luck everyone! Hope to see some fun games being made!
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Ah damn... now it's 50:50 to win :D

the best in the competition, of course, that there will be soon many good and finished games! ;)
Good luck to all!!
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

@Uze

Perhaps you can add this information in the news area of the frontpage...
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Harty123 wrote:@Uze

Perhaps you can add this information in the news area of the frontpage...
Good point, will do so!
Speeddemon

Post by Speeddemon »

Woooo hoooooo...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D hello to all in the group.. lookng forword to all the great new games!!! And some new retro remakes games!!!!! Wishing you all the best of luck n hav great fun making your games!!!!!!!! Pce :mrgreen:....hi bro uze perhaps someone can put the word out on u tube and in a newspaper??????? And get more people joining in the uzebox coding competiton make this competiton bigger?????
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Posted a news event and made a custom banner too. We're all set now! :)
Speeddemon

Post by Speeddemon »

KEWL!!!!!!! :D :mrgreen: ....... you da man mi bro uze!!!!!!!!! :D
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Can I ask where the monetary contribution comes from?
sponsors or...? :oops:

Only 2 participants so far...
GUYS, WE NEED GAAAAMES!!!
No one here who is able to port Far Cry? :D
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

Kilo wrote: Only 2 participants so far...
GUYS, WE NEED GAAAAMES!!!
No one here who is able to port Far Cry? :D
Its very important for this contest that we found more competitors. So pls help us to share the information about this contest to so many people as possible:
- via Email
- Twitter
- Facebook
- other forum
- or your own website