Game Box Artwork

This forum is for artists to post their music and graphics or discuss artistic matters that could be used in Uzebox games.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Game Box Artwork

Post by uze6666 »

Version fixed.

I will publish the protoshop / gimp template as soon as I have more time to polish it.
Attachments
uzebox_example_9_x_12_x_1_v2.pdf
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 960 times
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

box_depth.png
box_depth.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 8962 times
box_scale.png
box_scale.png (152.21 KiB) Viewed 8969 times
The pictures say it all. The design looks really good all printed out and the size is just right as well. It would be awesome if we had box art on the wiki for every game :ugeek:
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

I could only print in black and white on my laser printer, but full color looks awesome! Glad you like it. :D

I wanted slightly rounded corners, but that not really possible unless we used a plastic enclosure.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

I suppose by plastic enclosure you would mean something like a blueray/dvd/cd case where it is just a rectangular sheet slid into it or such. Might be some merit there if someone wanted to explore it, but I am very impressed with this solution. As it stands, it is a very worth display piece next to any other video game boxes. I do wonder if it is possible to origami some cardboard like SD card holder that fits inside there, but that could be a bit over the top.

Easily the most difficult and time consuming part of the process for me is the folding. I used a very small flat blade screwdriver to lightly score it, and it worked accurately, but I think something softer and duller would be much easier on the ink. Thanks for doing this one up, I will post it up on the AE wiki page.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Yes, scoring is essential to get clean edge. I have a small plastic screwdriver for the job. You can get a plastic fork or knife, it should be dull enough to not scrap the ink or paper.