Can anyone stay logged in to the forums?

Discuss general Uzebox topics here: features, wish list. nice to have, etc.
Artcfox

Can anyone stay logged in to the forums?

Post by Artcfox »

Since the new theme update, I often have to log in multiple times before it actually logs me in, or it shows that I am logged in, but I quickly get logged out after clicking on a link. I tried clearing all my cookies, but that didn't seem to help.

I noticed it more on the mobile site, In order to log in I have to view it in desktop mode.
Jubatian

Re: Can anyone stay logged in to the forums?

Post by Jubatian »

I had to clean cookies from my browser: this is a forum upgrade, and it seems like the new version is in conflict with cookies saved by the old version. I couldn't log in at all until I did that.
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

I cleared all of the cookies and everything in my browser.

Do you have an ?sid=<guid> after every URL? If I go to my Uzebox Forum bookmark (even after logging in and clicking "Remember me") I am logged out because my bookmark doesn't have that ?sid=<guid> after it.

I tried looking up phpbb and sid, and it seems like that is set if the website can't set cookies, but I have cookies enabled, so I'm curious if anyone else is seeing that.

Edit: It seems that if i keep that sid in the url (don't use my bookmark) I stay logged in.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Hi Guys,

It's fixed, the domains cookies setting was wrongly set to uzebox.info (my temp domain used during migration). Clear all cookies and try relogging.

Btw, you have surely noticed a new look and feel all over. I had to migrate everything to a new server and decided to upgrade all apps and migrate data. It seems all good so far, please report any issue asap as I will just renew the previous hosting for a month or so. You may see some broken links here and there, I still have to migrate a lots of data files that were referenced in some forum posts or in the wiki. That will be done in the next few days. After that, only minor graphical themes update will be needed.

Don't despair! :)
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Awesome! That did the trick!

Yeah, the new forum looks great. I thought it might have just been a new theme, but now I'll have to explore to find all of the new features. It definitely works much better on a mobile device, that is the first thing I noticed.

Thanks for fixing things and sprucing it up. It's great to see you back here Uze. :)