UCC2015 financing

Discuss general Uzebox topics here: features, wish list. nice to have, etc.
uze6666
Site Admin

UCC2015 financing

Post by uze6666 »

Hey guys,

This year, my Uzebox account is short on loot so I'd like to use crowdfunding for the majority of the prizes money. I heard there's some sites for that but not too aware of how they work and what are the pro and cons. If anyone has info on that or would like to help to raise money, please let me know here.

Cheers!
D3thAdd3r

Re: UCC2015 financing

Post by D3thAdd3r »

It's an interesting idea on crowd sourcing and it might also bring more attention to Uzebox in the process. I checked out kickstarter and it prohibits fund raising for contests, and it's hard to say the Uzebox hasn't already taken off anyways. It would be worth checking out other sites for sure but that is the only one I currently know of. I will gladly help fund this years comp and I suspect others from the community will too, so either way it should work out.
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

Perhaps you are crowd-sourcing right now. This is our community. We build our games and our tools and typically, the source of the games and the compiled tools themselves are also released. This Open-Source idea is what allows Uzebox to grow. I support that idea and I support Uzebox. I would also be happy to contribute to the prize pot. It all helps the community as a whole and brings us together.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

I seems IndieGogo allows for funding of events like ucc2015 under the "community" category. Also found "www.gofundme.com". Such campaign would require a nice video though for now, I have neither tim eor a a decent rig to produce videos. :|
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

Hi,

some news about the UCC2015?

Harty
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

No...not really :( . I'm on way over my head on too many things and that Uzebox portable thing is way more time consuming than I though. I'd need a helping hand in organizing it and do a funding campaign on IndieGogo or something. Anyone? ;)
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

I don't know about the IndieGogo funding. I am curious to what kind of help is needed for organization of UCC2015.

What is required?
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

• Finding funding. I'd like to try an IndieGogo campaing. We need a writeup for the site and also inevitably a catchy youtube video. You know me, I tend to put the bar high, we'd need something professional looking! That can be a lot of work and that's what holding me right now.
  • Promo stuff: graphics, etc
  • Promoting on the net
I agree it's perhaps not that much, and I guess it's just me not putting the efforts. Yet for some reasons I think that we need at least 1K$ in prizes to attract enough contestants make it worthwhile. Let me know if you don't feel that's the case.

For prizes, I could throw in kits as usual with my top prize being a portable Uzebox that's in the works. If Harty also throws in a EUzebox or two, we'd need to raise some 500$USD in cash. If forums members want to contribute small small amount, we could raise it that way. But I think we should try a IndieGogo-style campaign first.
neslou

Post by neslou »

Hi all,
What is exatly the UCC2015?
were they such event in previous years? When it is for this year?
Is it a game developping challenge? démos? or something else?
I would like of course to contribute if i can.
Regards.
Neslou.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

UCC2013
UCC2014
It's the annual Uzebox Coding Contest, that was never contractually guaranteed to be per annum ;) The past ones were a lot of fun and quite a few people participated(and got prizes), besides several new Uzebox games being made. I recommend reading through both of those threads for some background. Takes a lot of time, organization, prizes, entrants, and work, but it's getting a bit late in the year compared to previous start times. The advantage of UCC2016 could be Uzebox portables as a prize!