|Genre||Top down racer|
|Code license|| |
or (at your option) any later version.
|Media license||version 3.0|
|Video Mode||3 (Customised)|
Joyrider is an action / driving game for the Uzebox, in the style of the original Grand Theft Auto and Driver games, created by James Howard for the Uzebox Coding Competition 2014.
Joyrider won the 1st place in UCC2014.
There are several game modes available:
- Story : Features three missions with specific objectives
- Free roam : Freely explore the city at your own leisure
- Survival (Arcade) : With the full force of the police after you, survive as long as you can!
- Pursuit (Arcade) : Play as the police and chase down the suspect, ramming them off the road.
- Pursuit (2 Player): Player 1 plays as the police, whilst Player 2 tries to escape
There are two control schemes available for playing with:
- Dpad : Steer car left or right
- A : Accelerate
- B : Brake
Alternate / Casual
- Dpad : Steer the car North, East, South or West
- X : Drive in direction of dpad input
Start : Pause game / view map