Flight of a Dragon (demo)
|Flight of a Dragon (demo)|
|Code license|| |
or (at your option) any later version.
|Media license||version 3.0|
|Engine||Uzebox 3.3 (Customized)|
Flight of a Dragon is a runner-platformer game featuring a flightless dragon as protagonist who must escape from his prison in an empire which wanted to break and train him to use him as a war machine in their conquests.
As such he is a powerful fire-breather who can easily storm through opposition, however the empire has a large and well equipped military all around who can grind him down if he wasn't careful. It is also important to be fast, to flee before forces could be mustered to thwart his attempt.
He doesn't want bloodshed, to be remembered as a monster, so he should be cautious to not cause more losses than necessary, and he may also help people (prisoners) on his way, supporting a probable uprising against the power.
The demo version was released for UCC2016 and won the 1st place.
 Play in your browser
You can try the game out here (uses the CUzeBox emulator).
During the game the following control scheme is used:
- Dpad : Left / Right movement, looking up and down
- A, X : Jump
- B, Y : Fire
- Right Shift : Walk
- Left Shift : Look up (also Dpad Up)
During high score entry, the followings are used:
- Dpad : Left / Right one character, select character with Up / Down
- A, X, B, Y, L/R Shifts : Toggle Upper / Lower case
- Enter, Select : Accept name
- .HEX file of the Demo version (as released for UCC2016)
- .UZE file of the Demo version (as released for UCC2016)
The UCC2016 version can be accessed here on GitHub. Further progress might eventually arrive on the master branch of this repo.