Calling the Emulator in AVRStudio
There's a quick and dirty way to invoke the emulator straight from AVRStudio. You can only configure it to handle the same hex file, but still, when working on a game, it's very handy!
- Go in Tools->Customize...
- Under the Tools tab, click the little folder icon and name it "Run on Uzebox Emulator"
- In the COmmand field, browse to the location of uzem.exe
- In the Arguments field, put the full path to where you hex file in compiled, i.e: "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\projet\atmel\Uzebox2\demos\Tutorial\default\Tutorial.hex"
- Click the Commands tab and select the "Tools" item from the left box
- Scroll a bit in the right box and drag and drop the item "Run on Uzebox Emulator" straight into a toolbar. I've put mine on the same toolbar as the compile+flash one, so compiling+running is only two clicks away!