The project - Zelda 2 remake/port on Uzebox. The idea is to mimic the original game as much as possible and then use the engine to build two additional Zelda 2 styles games (basically fan sequels) to form a Zelda 2 "trilogy."
- Basic movement, animated Link and jumping.
- Collision detection.
- 5 sidescrolling areas to explore.
- Tiles and meta-tiles for 3 different types of environments.
Gameplay Demo 1.
- Jump animation, crouch, attack animations.
- Basic combat (attack and shield block).
- Scrolling top down overworld connecting sidescrolling areas.
- NPCs and enemies.
- Spell system.
- Demo area featuring a town, 5 simple areas and the first palace.
- XP and level system.
- Music and sound effects.
- Left = Move left
- Right = Move right
- A = Jump
This is an early Work In Progress, only a "teaser demo" has been released so far. I'm currently working on a full Gameplay Demo of the first area of the game, which will feature most of the final gameplay concepts. There is also a tile, meta-tile, sprite and level editor being built to make working on the game easier. The teaser demo was built using this editor - the graphics, tiles, maps, start point data and teleport data. The editor can export the data in a format that gets compiled into the final hex file - none of the maps, transitions or starting points are hardcoded. I will release the editor and engine so other people can make Zelda 2 style action/adventure games on this platform. To track the progress, visit this thread: .
Teaser Demo: []